• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT oil

Michaels12

Back in the early 80s Bel-Ray advertised MC-1, and claimed 80:1 was sufficient.

I tried it, with 2 races left before scheduled piston change. It's not something I'll ever repeat, and it's certainly not sound from a engineering stand point....

Greggfromohio

Here a true story. My buddy and I took ours snowmobiles up to Michigan to ride the trails. Our sleds are older and nothing fancy. They both have 2 cylinder 2 strokes and they have separate tanks for the oil and gas. It mixes them together automatically before it goes into the engine. Well we topped off our gas and oil tanks and hit the trails. We rode for 90 miles before stopping to refill. My buddy took his oil cap off and the tank was still plum full! It didn't use a single drop of oil for 90 MILES! It turns out the oil pump had quit working. He ended up just dumping oil in with the gas for the rest of the trip and then fixed it once we got home. That was 2 years and probably close to 1,000 miles ago and that engine hasn't missed a beat.*

BertR

My wellcraft boat had a johnson150hp on it and took it to the shop for the spring tune up and was given a clean bill of health and a offer for 4000$ for the motor from the dealer/ mechanic. I said no and hit the lake the next day- Saturday ran like a top and then the next morning fired it up got 100 yards from shore with a locked tighter than a bull ass motor. The oil was done by the book without a doubt but at the end of the day I had the short stick in my hand. If you don't burn a motor with little or no oil...your plain lucky! no if ands or buts about it.

Ildy666

BertR said:
My wellcraft boat had a johnson150hp on it and took it to the shop for the spring tune up and was given a clean bill of health and a offer for 4000$ for the motor from the dealer/ mechanic. I said no and hit the lake the next day- Saturday ran like a top and then the next morning fired it up got 100 yards from shore with a locked tighter than a bull ass motor. The oil was done by the book without a doubt but at the end of the day I had the short stick in my hand. If you don't burn a motor with little or no oil...your plain lucky! no if ands or buts about it.
That sux dude.

B-bust

O-out

A-another

T-thousand

RenoReno

I'll throw in my 2 cents worth on the oil. Opti 2 or Amsoil is the way I go. I run the opti 2 at 64:1 in my motorized bike and it runs like a champ. I know guys that run it at 100:1 in their bikes with no issues. I only just fixed my broken diff cup yesterday on an ebay used MT purchase, so today I'll finally run it. I'll be running opti2 in it at around 42:1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts