• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT oil

rob

What the best 2 stroke oil to use

G

For the stock motor any of the synthetics are fine. More important than the brand is the mixture. Somewhere between 25:1 and 32:1 is good.

Michaels12

The only thing I'd add would be that some oils are cleaner "burning"

Maxima castor 927 is impressive, in that it seems to leave less in the way of deposits. Your results may vary..... I believe it is recommended by Oneill bros.

Plus....everyone seems to enjoy the smell of castor oil :)

I used to run klotz but it's not quite as clean...

G

It's not bad, but for the price you can find better. It is fine to get you going.

The synthetic 2 stroke oils offer better protection and produce less smoke.

rob

ok thanks because im having troube finding the other oils like the castor 927

G

Some of the more exotic oils might have to be ordered online.

Some WalMarts sell Quicksilver synthetic 2 stroke oil. It's a good oil. Just remember to mix your 25:1 regardless of what it says on the bottle.

rob

what about blue marble my hoppy shop has that also has the hpi an losi oil

G

I've never tried it.

chunk

Make sure u don't run outboard 2stokeoil for jetski / boat oil. These oils are made for water cooled motor not air cooled motors.

Michaels12

chunk said:
Make sure u don't run outboard 2stokeoil for jetski / boat oil. These oils are made for water cooled motor not air cooled motors.
I'd have to take exception to that. I've run lots of outboard two stroke oil. The only difference I'm aware of is the corrosion inhibitors for marine environment, which is not necessary for land.

Now the reverse may be a consideration, running without inhibitors in marine application could cause problems over a season of storage.

I reserve the right to be wrong. :)

G

Most of the oils marketed for marine use will say for air or liquid cooled engines. ;)

rob

For now I'm just going to run HPI 2 stroke oil till I find better stuff

RenoReno

I'm still waiting for my MT to arrive in the mail, but I'll be running Opti2 oil in mine once I get it. It's a little pricey, but a really highly rated oil with a good history of use. Easy enough to find data through google.

G

I would still run 5oz of oil per gallon, regardless of what the packaging states.

Reed_340

I used Amsoil synthetic 2cycle oil in my 5th scales last summer and ran 100/1 like the bottle says, just to see if would be ok. Both my MT and Baja had stock older engines so I was willing to risk it. In the end they both made much more power, ran cleaner, and ran the summer without a problem. Not that I suggest it, but it worked for me. Baja was sold, but I think I'll run the MT this summer the same way.

G

OMG... :eek:

I wouldn't chance that.

rob

There is no way I would run 100:1 I stink with 25:1 it's hard for me to believe that 100:1 didn't seize the motor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts