• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT Blacked Out Powder Coat! :)

Deansta

My buddy powder coated the chassis and everything else that was blue besides shock parts. Ill post new pics as I continue to work on.

CFF5B606-4347-4356-99DE-85627AEF4810-626-0000004A9DCFDC07.jpg

Attachments

• CFF5B606-4347-4356-99DE-85627AEF4810-626-0000004A9DCFDC07.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 0
G

Has anyone ever done their own at home powder coating? HF sells the equipment and powder. Fairly inexpensive. Might work good on small RC parts.

G

jackson said:
no longer redcat but yes black cat!! sweet stealth!!
Yes! Sounds like a cool theme for the paint job.

G

rcgasser said:
I saw that on HF as well and I was wondering the same thing with the price being so low I was wondering if anyone had tired it???????http://www.harborfreight.com/10-30-psi-powder-coating-system-94244.html
There are some YouTube vids of it being used. The parts turned out great. HF sells an oven to bake the parts in also. It's not so inexpensive. It would be cool to have in the shop. I'd probable just use the kitchen when the wife was shopping. LOL

rcgasser

RCDAD said:
There are some YouTube vids of it being used. The parts turned out great. HF sells an oven to bake the parts in also. It's not so inexpensive. It would be cool to have in the shop. I'd probable just use the kitchen when the wife was shopping. LOL
Yea thats how I would do it heck I would give her some money and send her shopping so I can powder coat!!!! LMAO yes I have seen the YT videos also looks very easy and great looking jobs I was just wonder if anyone has did it on the forum how long will it hold up or if it will hold up at all. I have to be home for a couple of months I think I will give it a try just to have something to do.

G

Deansta said:
My buddy powder coated the chassis and everything else that was blue besides shock parts. Ill post new pics as I continue to work on.

Does your buddy have a or work for a powder coating business, or did he do it at home. Either way it looks great, just wondering....

Deansta

He's a fabricator for a company that build off road military prototype vehicles. He did it at work for me. He's got an MT as well. Glad you all like it. Ordered the new pipe and manifold today. Hope to have some more pics up soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts