• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT Blacked Out Powder Coat! :)

Deansta

Got a little more work done on her today.

Deansta

I dyed the rings on the rims and the tank with Ritt Dye. The rings came out great but the tank had some issues. I think it may have been because it had been used already. I soaked it over night in simple green and boiled it in water with a tad of dish soap. It wasn't greasy anymore but still had a tinge of gas smell. I simmered it in dye for a few hrs and let it sit submerged for 24. It came out a dark brown. I wanted it black so I taped of the threads plugged the grommet hole and sprayed it with that flex seal spray you see in the infomercials. Lol Bummer because I over sprayed on some parts. My advice would be light coats but I get impatient hence the results. Stuff works great for the inside of the lexan body once your done painting. See if the rubber spray holds up and doesn't seperate from the tank.

G

Ritt changed their dye. The last tank I did was new. It came out black, but it had a brown tint when in the sun. Within a few month it was just brown. Now it is dirty white.

Deansta

Does anyone know if the hitec servo horns fit the stock steering servos and if so do they make them with metal insert where it makes contact on servo? I stripped one of the stock horns last time out before the rebuild. I plan on getting better servos but gonna run these till they crap out. Thanks!

G

No they don't. The stock steering servos have are 17t. The Hitec is a 15t.

bob c.

Powder coating is real easy I do it to my motorcycle parts..just preheat your oven to 450 and put the parts in for about 45 mins. After you coat them.just make sure everything is real clean befor you coat them and don't get near the electrode on the powder coat gun or you will get a good zap..as far as holding up you can take the part and go on your roof throw it down on the pavement and not put a scratch in it ..hope this helps..

G

bob c. said:
Powder coating is real easy I do it to my motorcycle parts..just preheat your oven to 450 and put the parts in for about 45 mins. After you coat them.just make sure everything is real clean befor you coat them and don't get near the electrode on the powder coat gun or you will get a good zap..as far as holding up you can take the part and go on your roof throw it down on the pavement and not put a scratch in it ..hope this helps..
I had a set of 1:1 wheels powder coated. The guy at the shop had two pieces of 1 inch steel pipe that were coated. He told me to bang them together. He then told me if I could chip the finish, he'd do the wheels for free. I could leave some marks but could not chip off the finish.

rcgasser

bob c. said:
Thanks for sharing.

G

rampage idiot said:
You got flat black and I got gloss black!LOL that truck is gonna be bad ass all together nice job! :eek:
Damn, you could eat off that chassis!

G

rampage idiot said:
Just so you guys know I had a proffesional powder coater do my chassis and he charged me $30.00 I thought that was cheap!
Does that have a urethane top coat?

G

I didn't realize there was a high gloss powder coat. That's too cool!

Johan

Re: MT Blacked Out Powder Coat! :)

Awesome looking MT's! I might have to copy the black theme. Not very original I know but those two are too cool to not copy! :D

Sent from my android device using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts