• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Measuring squish when re-installing head.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Thanks RCdad :D Now I'm a pro in engine rebuild? LOL! J/K.... hey I reset the needle to default according to Sean from OBR's specification. That is LSN 1 1/8 out and HSN 1 5/8 out. Guess what? Once it was reset... I yanked the engine on cold start for like four or five time.. the engine cuts right on :D And seems to idle really good too. I have hope that I should be alright now. Because it was inside my house... I cut the engine off in less then 1 min. Will test her out tomorrow at the park I guess :D
Sweet. Glad you got it sorted!

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
To be honest with you... I take pride in my RC XB :D It drives me to work harder so I can upgrade it :D It keeps me going.... something to enjoy life with. Life is too short... we have to enjoy it as much as we can :D It's sure is a satisfying hobby :D
Agreed! This hobby is awesome.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Always start from the base settings when you install a new head, etc. You shouldn't let it idle for that long, you'll foul a plug.
So do you recommend during break in to vary the throttle a little... about half throttle pressure?

ChuenouXiao

Here's a video of my XB purring for break in at the park :D after me rebuilding the engine. She's holding idle tune pretty good.

[ame]

[/ame]

G

desismileys_0111.gif

Looks like is running good.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
So do you recommend during break in to vary the throttle a little... about half throttle pressure?
You don't have to baby it. The piston ring needs to be under a load in order to seat properly. Do some warm up laps and then open it up.

G

Time to take it on the maiden voyage. Just pray for no desismileys_2250.gif

Just kidding. I'm sure you'll be fine.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
You don't have to baby it. The piston ring needs to be under a load in order to seat properly. Do some warm up laps and then open it up.
Deluge... you said... open it up? What exactly do you mean? You mean WOT?

ChuenouXiao

BTW thanks Deluge, RCdad and others here for helping me out on my engine rebuild. With out you guys I would of given up and sold my XB. I'm sensing myself becoming a pro now :D

desismileys_6558.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

Please help

Which is positive and which is negative... is my button installed properly? The reason I took it apart is because the button doesn't kill my engine... so I use my killer bee instead.... please help me ....

G

It doesn't matter. The switch just makes contact between the two.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts