• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Looking at getting a Dji v2 for Hero 4

therealrsr

phreerider said:
the FPV stuff is cool, currently working on a custom 250 racer myself . i am definitely line of sight sport pilot, though i'm told FPV is easier. guess we'll see! the qx200 is way(hardware and $) more than the ominus and a very nice set up indeed fun stuff man!

the FPV races are manic low! like a meter the whole time and crazy fast.
I find it easier to control in FPV, takes out the orientation adjustment which helps most during daylight sport flying where the lights aren't as much of a crutch. Also gets rid of distance perception issues among trees. Getting used to the goggles was the biggest hurdle for me, got slight motion sickness the first few times.

Taking 350 qx2 pics or video from several hundred feet up (of course under FAA ceiling:rolleyes:) with a go pro is fun and novel, but for me the 200 sees at least 3x the flight time for the fun factor. And if I had to do it again I would have gone DJI for the dedicated go pro big bird. The Blade 350 is not bad at all and less expensive, but for a filming platform DJI's stability wins. Now, if you want one for sport and filming combination the Blade wins.

phreerider

blade definitely good option. vibration and general framing feedback for cinema stuff is kinda of a hit or miss.

ominus with 1100mah 1s does about 14min. kinda typical RC airtime for me on just about anything. BLADE a step up on power and range for sure

MT Builder

Advertiser
Vendor
It looks like I'm going to get the phantom 3 pro

phreerider

seems like a bargain, nice man. very tempting . FPV race still on my mind. sport flyer is banging out the sessions 1200mah lipo delivering serious playtime.

the "follow me" technology really has me wanting one for sure!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts