• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

just ordered the hop ups !!!!!!!!!11

Jaric00n

ok here goesthis is my problem right nowbasically part # 07141 is stuck inside the aluminium hop-up part because of a tolerance issue...and I can't get it out or push it further inif you want me to send the part in for analysis I'm game.other issues were rounded hex screws

stuck1.jpg

stuck2small.jpg

/monthly_2011_05/stuck1.jpg.539242e5c1dfce71b11cf3676ad15ae2.jpg

/monthly_2011_05/stuck2small.jpg.d9142f0060b6e82d429bff0e69303181.jpg

Jaric00n

powerslave69 said:
the same thing happened to me when I first got my Xt and trying to apply loctite on the screws. A lot of them just rounded off. I'm not a rookie when it comes to doing something like this and I was using the right tool, but just to be sure I took the truck down a friend's auto shop and he confirmed that I have some badly made screws mostly at the bottom of the chassis. He tried several screws and it did the same thing when he was doing it. Is this just a fluke or it happened to other XT owners.
I think it's a general quality issue and the use of some weird thread locking liquid and/or screws mounted with crappy tools that spun and damaged the hex shape

I am looking into titanium screws as I type...

I already located a place I could buy most of the required lengths...

=D.

v555

Jaric00n said:
I think it's a general quality issue and the use of some weird thread locking liquid and/or screws mounted with crappy tools that spun and damaged the hex shape
I am looking into titanium screws as I type...

I already located a place I could buy most of the required lengths...

=D.
use heat to unlock those screws,lighter or soldering iron will open any glued screw;)

Jaric00n

oh I know that..

but using heat near nylon parts is not recommended if you want to keep said parts as spares...

:D

Jaric00n

I have used titanium screws for 20 + years in RC models with 0 failures:D

v555

Jaric00n said:
oh I know that..
but using heat near nylon parts is not recommended if you want to keep said parts as spares...

just keep the soldering iron head on screw hex for 15-30 sec,i use 40w soldering iron ,never had problems with screws or plastic parts.

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
Jaric00n said:
ok here goes
this is my problem right now

basically part # 07141 is stuck inside the aluminium hop-up part because of a tolerance issue...

and I can't get it out or push it further in

if you want me to send the part in for analysis I'm game.

other issues were rounded hex screws
I have forwarded this to the factory and we are checking it here as well.

Should get back to you shortly.

Darin

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
We tested a few internally and had no issue.

Please email [email protected] with your address and we will send you out a new one.

Again, sorry for the problem.

Darin

Jaric00n

E-mail sent

working on the rest of the hop ups, just finished the rear end of the car

do you want me to return the stuck parts?

lvh

Well got the steering mounts and thr rear axel mount little bit of a bugger to get the plastic ones out on the front. Their is a nut that sits in molded plastic and the plastic striped so the nut just spun,( jamed it up with a screwdriver). Also have to adjust the toe a lot and it looks like i am almost out of threads, but the berings fit in real nice. and u can use the factory screws, their a little long but i just cut them down.

Jaric00n

yes the front steering assembly was interesting

I did cut the screws

I also noticed that I had 2 different types of bearings, the ones with the plastic shield and 2 of them had metal shields....

just waiting for the replacement parts to arrive and have shipped out my stuck assembly to Redcat Racing

Two thumbs up for the Redcat Team !!!

lvh

I noticed the bearings like that to my rear bearings were hammered, they fell apart. Redcats replacment bearings look like the front ones with the plastic

Jaric00n

I went to a particular site and ordered stainless bearings with ceramic balls to replace the current ones when they croak

on another note, I rebuilt the diffs and whatnot and it is sooo much quieter

heheheh

Jaric00n

Just a GIANT thumbs up to Redcat Racing !!!

just received the steering assembly and it just fits wonderfully !

this new set of steeering hop-ups look much better than the 1st one I received

but most importantly..it ALL FITS !!!!

can't wait to finish this car up and run it on Saturday or Sunday....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.