• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

HBZ Roll Cage Hoops have arrived

G

rampage idiot said:
Ok finally got done here is the HBZ hoop with all new delrin acetal cage,I made aluminum cross supports instead of plastic and all I did was cut the boot on the plud wire for it to fit! :D
Looks great man! The cage turned out nice.

G

rampage idiot said:
And no wise cracks about the custom chassis paint scheme, but I will share how to get it, paint your chassis black then do about 59 donuts on a gravel road, AAAAHHHH , like Deluge said I think it is powder coat time!
LOL. just proves you had some fun

G

krashkrieg said:
That's the only reason I painted everything blue except the chassis....Wish I had a local powder coater I could bring it too ...shipping it just doesn't seem worth the price...Maybe if you repaint the side rails you can coat it with epoxy resin for some 'chip resistance'
I wonder if bedliner on the chassis would stand up?..

Ildy666

krashkrieg said:
That's the only reason I painted everything blue except the chassis....Wish I had a local powder coater I could bring it too ...shipping it just doesn't seem worth the price...Maybe if you repaint the side rails you can coat it with epoxy resin for some 'chip resistance'
Dude there's a powder coater 1mile from my house hit me up and I'll give u directions.

rampage idiot

krashkrieg said:
I use duracoat alot on guns very expensive but is on the lines of what you are talking about

cherryride

RCDAD said:
I wonder if bedliner on the chassis would stand up?..
1 of the commercially done bed liner company's stuff will work great on it. Only put it on bottom and sides tho!

Deluge

rampage idiot said:
Ok finally got done here is the HBZ hoop with all new delrin acetal cage,I made aluminum cross supports instead of plastic and all I did was cut the boot on the plud wire for it to fit! :D
Looks sweet, dude!

Deluge

rampage idiot said:
Thats exactly what I did I just left it off for guys to see the hoop that never saw one
I run without the cover. Easier to check the plug that way.

rampage idiot

Deluge said:
Looks sweet, dude!
Thanks Deluge, Like I said I am just experimenting. I like it! that plastic is a bitch to work with, I ruined a piece got it to hot and it melted, Heh i am learning

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.