• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

have You Seen This, and Does Anyone Know This Guy ?

Inertia Racing Products

I came across this on another forum and my god this XB is gettin' it !!!

it says in the comments he has used a regular V1 Dominator for the baja 5b and mounted it up, to me the pipe looks like a clone pipe, but thats not a concern/question, the True V1 pipes can be picked up cheap !..

if the pipe can be mounted like that with little or no mods it would be a cheap option for a nasty , proven pipe..

if anyone knows the guy or has tried to mount a 5b dom. pipe up i would like to talk ...

Thanks in advance

[ame]

[/ame]

alfred e numan

that track is in Illionis. The vid was posted on this forum about 1 1/2 years ago- there is-was a bunch of people from that area that used to post here, have not seen many posts from that area in quite a while- i did mod a ddm- hpi rear mount into a side pipe for my xb- works pretty good.

Inertia Racing Products

looking at the rear dom and my XB it looks like a V1 would work just by flipping it over..

the roll cage tubes are much lower on the XB than the baja, it also looks like there is plenty of room for the straight section of the pipe off the cylinder...

the V2 being 2 piece would allow more wiggle room as far as mounting as well...

any thoughts ??

alfred e numan

here is a close up photo of the pipe you are eyeballing- must of modded the header area to fit. The front tires on the xb are larger than the rears- rough on the center jack shaft- but this could be why the car seems to sorta pullits self around the track whe way it does.- One of the members here said this was a totally stock HY 30.5. - If it really was- its tuned to perfection- kicks butt.

G

I have the clone on my XB and a Dom on my XSC(picked it up from the scratch&dent sale at DDM for like &39.). I modded both pipes to fit.

-

XSC

-

XB

Obeast44

Banned
IRP. That is Lightforce, on the forums here and other forums as well. Met him a few times hes a cool guy, and damn can he down some beer!

EDIT: Someone needs to mod a V1 dom to go through the rear shock tower and sit like it did on the Baja. The 7075 Chassis has a mounting lip that'd be perfect for it:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Inertia Racing Products

Obeast44 said:
IRP. That is Lightforce, on the forums here and other forums as well. Met him a few times hes a cool guy, and damn can he down some beer!EDIT: Someone needs to mod a V1 dom to go through the rear shock tower and sit like it did on the Baja. The 7075 Chassis has a mounting lip that'd be perfect for it:D
yep thats the dudes screen name over on the other forum...

man if someone would modify the rear dom to fit, i would buy it in a heartbeat.

that pipe on a 4wd car is perfect match IMO, the low end grunt they produce is 2nd to none..

i like the layout of lightforce's, the weight would be more towards the center of the car , and me being me , i would stand less of a chance of destroying a full rear mount hanging off the back or a side mount off the side.. :eek: :eek:

alfred e numan

Obeast44 said:
IRP. That is Lightforce, on the forums here and other forums as well. Met him a few times hes a cool guy, and damn can he down some beer!EDIT: Someone needs to mod a V1 dom to go through the rear shock tower and sit like it did on the Baja. The 7075 Chassis has a mounting lip that'd be perfect for it:D
i do have a 2nd hand v-1 -chrome i bought from ddm.- this would be a good project when the weather socks in up here in oregon. Being crome plated, it could be better to braze than mig. Have a few rods of nickel silver - all 4 tanks are full- thing thats a pain bout brazing butt joints, ya gotta have nearly perfect fit up - a used pipe should be hot tanked. The side mount i rigged up for xb- it pulls hard- revs good- I get a wt813, mod the butterfly valve- leave the pressure spring stock- set the bulb to have 2/3 rds fuel- this makes a huge improvement in the way a stock cy29 runs- on a hot rodded jug?- only 1 way to know for certan.

Obeast44

Banned
Inertia Racing Products said:
yep thats the dudes screen name over on the other forum...man if someone would modify the rear dom to fit, i would buy it in a heartbeat.

that pipe on a 4wd car is perfect match IMO, the low end grunt they produce is 2nd to none..

i like the layout of lightforce's, the weight would be more towards the center of the car , and me being me , i would stand less of a chance of destroying a full rear mount hanging off the back or a side mount off the side.. :eek: :eek:
Wonder if it could fit right side up...if the fuel tank was moved....lets say where it is on the losi? :D

ChuenouXiao

alfred e numan said:
here is a close up photo of the pipe you are eyeballing- must of modded the header area to fit. The front tires on the xb are larger than the rears- rough on the center jack shaft- but this could be why the car seems to sorta pullits self around the track whe way it does.- One of the members here said this was a totally stock HY 30.5. - If it really was- its tuned to perfection- kicks butt.
The pipe looks lighter then my rear Jetpro :D which I like. The only thing I don't like is the smoke is being directed toward the left rear tire and or chassis?

xscrick

Banned
this is the mod i did on a clone pipe,,, for my xsc,,,, still not sure gonna run it,,, was fun making it though,,,,,,, doesn't hit anything,, suspension works fine shocks don't hit,, but would be a problem upgrading to nutech shocks if i decide too,, space would be too small for them to work properly,,, does sound good though..... nice dirt bike rumble,,

P1010294.jpg

P1010293.jpg

P1010294.jpg

P1010293.jpg

/monthly_2012_12/P1010294.jpg.b9ae2a9a7ab54e63f4ab1720f7a3ceff.jpg

/monthly_2012_12/P1010293.jpg.59206ba6cb3fbaabd08051f0a41d579e.jpg

alfred e numan

I have a jet-pro rear mount- and the ddm 5-b rear mount- the weight is the same.- The ddm pipe comes on sooner, builds good power in the midrange - has decent top end power. The jet-pro?- my pipe was altered by jet-pro.- slightly shorter stinger- slightly bigger diameter.- it comes on power slightly later than the ddm- but after that- it blows the doors off the ddm- this pipe on a f-270- sounds like a nitro car- just keeps on winding out-- its a kick ass pipe on top.

alfred e numan

here is a fluid r-c stainless steel prototype. this pipe is about 1/3 lighter than the jet-pro rear mount end bleed.- even though its much larger -high volume - built for 30 cc motors. 2x as strong as mild steel, no paint- chrome required. bought it from a fellow r-c er in Scotland. this pipe is somewhat harder to tune- the fuel screws on the carb- but once ya find the sweet spots- it makes the other above mentioned pipes running for a safe place to hide!!

BertR

I also did the rear dom and ran it through the shock tower in standard position with a shitty custom bumper mounting plate

alfred e numan

shitty?- looks good to me dude! - heck, if there are no leaks @ the joints- and they hold up to abuse-- you hit the jack pot the way i see it-- more power to ya!!

jtphillips23

It works and mine hauls butt with just a cy 29 in it and the v1. I was concerned at first with the rear tire heating up but haven't had any problems with it at all. I don't even run that little 90 on it anymore.

alfred e numan

the 29 is my favorite engine in my xb. bought this top end pull off from large scale r-c for 30 dollars. must be the way the jug is machined -something- its the way it pulls - linear torque - 7,500 rpm to overrev. this was installed on the hy bottom end- i pressed in new mains-seals- Nachi c-6001 deep groove bearings. this frees up the engine- this type of bearing is more forgiving about less than perfect crank aglinments- about 5 dollars each tru the web- VXB bearings in Califorina.- I use this car-engine as a test bed for modding Walbro carbs- best so far is a WT 813, do a little dental work to the butter fly valve- You ever buy a new 813 - p-m me- I will send you a butter fly valve - screw - free! you just need red loktite to install.- works best with a tall- 1" velocity stack- free flowing air filter- big time improvement- back to back testing has proven this.

G

jtphillips23 said:
It works and mine hauls butt with just a cy 29 in it and the v1. I was concerned at first with the rear tire heating up but haven't had any problems with it at all. I don't even run that little 90 on it anymore.
That looks great. Does your wing keep the pipe from making contact in a rollover?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts