• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

gearing up or using higher # of cells will cause heat

Rampage

if i change my gear from 10 tooth to 14 tooth will cause more heat

or changing from S6 to S8 ,

the motor can handle 8 S but i wonder which one will cause more heat

killajb

^^ In general, yes.. but I think more specific info is needed to answer the question. Which motor is being used?

Every setup has a "sweet spot" or workable range where temps are lowest but output is maximized.

Each brushless motor seems to have a certain rpm range where things work best. For example: a Castle Creations 1717 has better stall torque than a Castle Creations 1520, but geared for the same speeds in my XBE, the 1520 runs coller.

I have several cars, and quite a few brushless motors. I never ceases to amaze me at how some motors seem to just perform better in certain cars than others do. The overall vehicle weight, number of poles and your driving style also comes into play.

I'll assume that you're using one motor (let's say the stock one that comes with the XBE). Try to find a place to run for 5 minutes doing speed runs back and forth, and measure temps. Change gearing and then repeat to find what works best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts