• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

F-270

alfred e numan

The little f-270 seems to be a pretty hot engine. large transfer ports, revs to the moon. Here is another angle to a high dollar ported jug. I have a new bottom end ready - stuffer crank, Nachi deep groove mains, seals- I will set squish on the safe side.

alfred e numan

MNRampage said:
Nice. What's it going in ?
Its gonna be bolted up to the xb.- yea, check out those piston pin circlips in the photo. The question is- will the added mass of these clips make them more prone to disloging? All the stock clips i have used so far have stayed in place- had one clip rotate about 180 degrees - but stayed in the piston groove. I always install these either open end up-or open end down. I will take the digital calapers to the stockers- and the ones in the photo and measure. yea, these new clips could easly be trimmed down some with small hi-q side cutters- i just need enough to grab on to with needle nose pliers.- This seller stocks 35 and 36 mm piston pins that are thinner thickness. The f-270 comes factory with a thinner cross section. no need to buy one. The piston you see has been turned down around the ring area- came with piston ring- 49 bucks + 4 bucks shipping from Singapore- air mail. Claims that none have broken -- so far. says if you break it- he will replace free.- but-- would a photo suffice as proof of a wasted engine? - shipping back would not be worth it--- I bought 3 f-270 pull offs from large scale last fall- 35 bucks each- top ends.- If it blows- well it blows.

alfred e numan

oh yea, I am inclined to think that this piston could be dependable -- as long as I do not allow it to become so worn that it rocks in the bottom of the jug. Two schools of thought about removing metal off the piston- less mass means it could hold more heat- but- on the other hand- the intake charge - more of it flowing tru the ports could?? offset piston heat?? Break it in as usual- and slowly lean it out then run it full tap and see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts