• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

ESP PORTED 30.5CC Torque Monster

Silent_chaos

Well, I guess tomorrow is the day where Fedex guy is gona hit the bell, got the engine upgrade plus an Iridium plug. I have some of the flm screws waiting to be installed as well.

Have to take the engine apart and clean it completely while at it.

I have the 9500 rpm spring standing aside. I currently use the 8000. Im guessing with these upgrades, Im gona reach the 7bhp mark with ease. (I hope so)

Is 9500 recommendable? Would i be gaining more bhp on the 9500 rpm?

Would i lose torque?

What would i benefit in form of "on the ground function?"

Its ok if i lose torque. The new head is a Torque monster, so i guess it would make it up.

Will surely post pics.

BertR

No you will not loose torque... You're clutch will engage on the pipe with instant burnout.You won't need the 9500 spring! 8000 will be sufficient and more controllable with your upgrade.Post a pic of the inside of the head for me lol. I have always wanted to see what they have going on in there. Sounds like you will have a nice power plant.

Silent_chaos

Sure will do. I already have the lightened flywheel installed with dt1 filter and cpi rear pipe.

Lets wait and see.

G

I've read a lot of good reviews of the ESP heads. Should make a big difference.

Look forward to see'n your build.

Silent_chaos

View attachment 7331 Got my stuff.Iridium plug, FLM rods and barrels, shock covers for the MT shocks, gaskets and lol the ESP GP290 with 2mm stuffed crank.I had in mind to have the 30.5cc big bore but it seems that I have added the wrong head on the checkout :/ :/ That's ok i guess, i don't think it will matter much since they're both 4HP. Will upload more pics of installation

uploadfromtaptalk1396864733823.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396864733823.jpg

/monthly_2014_04/uploadfromtaptalk1396864733823.jpg.d37763ab42f4ae12bd4975b766902434.jpg

G

It is the crank that gets it from 29 to 30.5. Both use the 36mm piston.

G

The 29cc head is the largest. The extra throw in the crank adds more cc. If you picked up the +2mm crank you have the 30.5cc kit.

FYI: The stock Redcat crank is the +2mm version.

Silent_chaos

Thanks for the explanation. I picked up the stuffed crank.

Silent_chaos

Well what have we here

Silent_chaos

Difference between coil and flywheel should be around 0.3mm (thickness of a business card)

Silent_chaos

Yup. Just going to mount it now.

I also put shock covers on the MT shocks and Trimmed down the inside of the DGI steering links (since they were touching the front gear box)

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.