• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner v3 questions?

RampageHopUps

The proline 23mm tires are for 1-10 scale. They do not hold up to 1-5th scale abuse.

It is much easier to shop from a Baja dealer. Then you find the baja parts and not every part listed on Amazon or eBay.

Nolimit

So if 23mm is not good for 1/5 scale why do the new dunerunners have 23mm on them Billy from redcat just confirmed this for me

RampageHopUps

Because the proline 23mm runs are made for the lighter Savage.

Redcat might have made their own rims now for 23mm. Did Billy measure them with a caliper? Either way, I will go over and measure them myself with a caliper. I'm not sure why they would go from 22 to 23 and go directly to 24.

Nolimit

So if they are truly 23mm what would be the best on road tires to get. Or would it still be best to upgrade to 24mm

RampageHopUps

It would be best to have someone confirm the size with a Caliper, or a Baja rim.

I just read the Rally has 24mm hubs now, so I am almost certain the Dunerunner has 24mm rims.

Nolimit

This is from dragtimes.com

I don't know if this will ever get released under the Redcat Racing banner but I ... Also, the Dunerunner etc use HPI Baja size hubs thus eliminating the need for aftermarket adapters to fit baja wheels.

Nolimit

Apparently there saying the dunerunner has 24mm hex but you still need the adapters doesn't make sense

Phill

RampageHopUps said:
Alright, me and Billy checked out the cars. Dunerunner continues to be 22 mm hex

Rallye and Chimera have 23mm hex.
I know nothing about Bajas Rob

Do all Baja wheels fit or do we need to go with 5B or 5T etc?

Thanks in advance

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts