• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner Diff pic need part number

delta_kilo

I had a HARD crash and split my front diff. Anyway I did some damage to the gears inside. This part is bolted onto the Diff shell part#50064. The manual doesn't show a part # for the part I have listed. Can anyone help? Does anyone know by chance if that part comes apart and if so how? I don't see any bolts or anything holding the center gear in place.

metal finisher

Contributor
big gear # 50213 little gear # 50067 the small gear sits on a cross pin according to my manual should just wiggle off the pin, pliers might help

delta_kilo

Thanks. You are right. I still can't get that damn thing apart. Trying pliers but it isn't moving. Any tricks would be appreciated.

I ordered the crown gear #50071 and pinion gear #50072 a day ago from Redcat. They didn't have the 50214 exact replacement pinion gear. I'm worried because the parts I ordered are labeled as (Old) in the manual.

Last edited by a moderator:

delta_kilo

Metal Finisher I love ya. Pliers didn't work the 1st time but they did the 2nd. Got it apart.

Still worried the new parts wont work but I guess we'll find out.

Last question What oil or lube is used inside of the Diff Shell #50064? Also what lube is used then on the outside of the Diff Shell where the Crown gear and pinion gear are located?

andyken

delta_kilo said:
Metal Finisher I love ya. Pliers didn't work the 1st time but they did the 2nd. Got it apart.Still worried the new parts wont work but I guess we'll find out.

Last question What oil or lube is used inside of the Diff Shell #50064? Also what lube is used then on the outside of the Diff Shell where the Crown gear and pinion gear are located?
White lithium grease on the crown gear, then clean out the stock grease and try like 5000 wt diff fluid.

metal finisher

Contributor
if it was me i use wheel bearing grease on the ring and pinon also this is a full time 4wd i would use wheel bearing grease inside the diff. also i don't see any benefit running diff fluid this is my two cents only

delta_kilo

The oil inside the diff is a very thick liquid but I wouldn't classify it as a grease. The lube on the outside of the diff is a grease.

So again I have never heard of 5000 weight oil. Where do you get that from?

rcgasser

With diff fluid you can adjust how the car handles and reacts in turns while on the track and bashing the higher the number 1k, 2k, 5 k k=1,000 the thicker the diff fluid so a liter oil on the front diff will allow your DR to turn quicker and faster then a thicker diff oil, and a thicker oil in the rear will allow for more rear slide action almost like a drift. Just using bearing grease will not give you these options.

delta_kilo

I'm curious what stock is weight wise. I'll call Redcat tomorrow if no one is for sure. I wonder if I can even get this kind of weight at the auto parts store?

delta_kilo

Ok so which one of those is closest to what the stock oil weight is. I'm happy with how it performed before. I'd rather not switch anything up.

rcgasser

I am sure you will not get the stock weight in an oil because its a thick grease so 60K or 100K would be the thickness you will get in dif oil.

rampagemt

Naptha works wonders at cleaning that shorty grease out!!! And I run 5k front and 7k rear and it rubs like a tapped ape. I tumbled my dune runner down a huge hill today like 20 cartwheels and lost a dogbone And broke a suspension arm but it still drove to the top. It's a beastly dune runner Hell ya

delta_kilo

I called Redcat today. The stock front diff oil weight is 5000 and they recommended 3000 for the rear. So that clears that up.

G

Really?? The cars don't come with diff fluid from the factory. They are stuffed with grease. Who did you talk to?

delta_kilo

I asked him what weight the lube was inside the diff case. Not the think grease on the crown gear but inside the diff case where all the pinion gears come together and he said 5000 wt for the front. I then asked about the rear and he said it's a lighter weight in the rear 3000 wt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts