• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Drive Gears

vmark

Hi Guys!, I'm new, but I had been reading the forums for a couple of months now and I decided to buy a Chimera with the aluminium gear plate (knowing this weakness)

I was a little worried because I noticed a small gap between the main gears (first image), so I assume this was normal, but after the 4th tank one of gear broke (second image).

Is this normal, do they broke this frequency?

I was looking to upgrade to a Belt Drive system in a near future, but for now I'll just replace this gears

the question is, do I need to buy all the set? or what recommendation do you guys have for this.

Thanks!

KEK4x4L.png

9jRBSNd.png

Mycbr6rr

I have the same car and mine is not like that ,it must be a defect on something

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_12/image.jpg.3c161ccb8e4fb63881baa699c23ec68f.jpg

mvaughn12

I had that happen before and in the first picture the gap is to wide in those gears so they arenmt meshing properly and the teeth break. But Mycbr6rr on your picture the gears are perfectly meshed. Depending on the model type when meshing your gears a small slice of paper between the teeth before tighening down the gears will provide the perfect mesh. Then after tightening remove the paper.

Here you go

[ame]

[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

mvaughn12

Oh I see that now, wow so the center gear has no play behind it wow thats interesting. I see your point about it being a defect now since there is no adjustable gear. Thanks for the heads up on that:)

Mycbr6rr

mvaughn12 said:
Oh I see that now, wow so the center gear has no play behind it wow thats interesting. I see your point about it being a defect now since there is no adjustable gear. Thanks for the heads up on that:)
No problem ,all the gears on all the 1/5 scale cars are not adjustable ,if I'm not mistaken ,correct me if I'm wrong ,but I do know for sure the BAJAS and the redcats

vmark

Thanks guys, now I understand why it fails.

but, is this a defect? is the gear(s) smaller or different model from the factory?

Because I believe you can't adjust this

Also I noticed this gap with the plastic gear plate and after the update to the aluminium plate the gap stay the same, that why I assume it was ok

Mycbr6rr

vmark said:
Thanks guys, now I understand why it fails.but, is this a defect? is the gear(s) smaller or different model from the factory?

Also I noticed this gap with the plastic gear plate and after the update to the aluminium plate the gap stay the same, that why I assume it was ok
Sounds like the gear is the defect ,I would order a new set ,all those gears ,just I case the others were wrong also.

Mycbr6rr

vmark said:
Thanks guys, now I understand why it fails.but, is this a defect? is the gear(s) smaller or different model from the factory?

Vmark ,I figured out your gear problem the gear on the clutch bell should be 29 teeth and the middle gear should be 31 teeth,yours are both 29 teeth

Mycbr6rr

Mycbr6rr said:
Vmark ,I figured out your gear problem the gear on the clutch bell should be 29 teeth and the middle gear should be 31 teeth,yours are both 29 teeth
By the way how is the mesh on the other gears there?

mattjk

Mycbr6rr said:
This sounds correct. Maybe it's the monster truck gear they put in there by mistake.

Perhaps an assembly mistake from Redcat factory. I would call Redcat USA. They will take care of you, their service is excellent.

vmark

Mycbr6rr said:
By the way how is the mesh on the other gears there?
Mycbr6rr, you crack the case, thanks

Definitely the used the wrong gear in the factory, I never thought about this.

The other gears are fine

I'll contact Redcat asap

G

It looks like you might have two 29 tooth gears..?

Is one larger than the other? You should have a 29 and a 31 tooth gear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts