• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

diff cup

andyken

vpalace said:
More confused as ever now. Which diff cups do I get? 07145 or 710021?And which part number for the dog bone?
Both will fit, the 710021 is a "upgrade"...?

NUNCHUCKSKILZ

Just go FLM and be done!.. Also switch to Nutech Shocks from a TB2 with HPI Springs. Play with Oils wt's and and change your hole count on the pistons. Trust me, when you find the right combo you will wonder what car you are driving. The XB set up right is a track killer.

vpalace

I appreciate the input bit I'm not remotely interested in racing or anything like that. I do donuts on a baseball field and jump an occasional hill.

Sergio

NUNCHUCKSKILZ said:
Just go FLM and be done!.. Also switch to Nutech Shocks from a TB2 with HPI Springs. Play with Oils wt's and and change your hole count on the pistons. Trust me, when you find the right combo you will wonder what car you are driving. The XB set up right is a track killer.
Im interested in the shocks got a link?

vpalace

Quick question, I cleaned out all the crappy old oil in my rear diff. How much of the new oil do I put in?

vpalace

Sounds good. Any tips about that I ring I sent you a message about? I cleaned everything and it pops out. I spread some old oil on it and it stays, but once the diff cup moves, it turns with it and sort of buldges. Doesn't look likenit would be a problem, but I don't feel like tearing this apart again.

G

I don't recall having any difficulties with the orings. Do yours look ok?

Sergio

vpalace said:
Sounds good. Any tips about that I ring I sent you a message about? I cleaned everything and it pops out. I spread some old oil on it and it stays, but once the diff cup moves, it turns with it and sort of buldges. Doesn't look likenit would be a problem, but I don't feel like tearing this apart again.
I had the same problem i had some spares so i replaced mine.

vpalace

They look fine. No rips or years or odd shape. Do you know the size? Maybe I can just try to pick one up tomorrow.

andyken

NUNCHUCKSKILZ said:
Any link ?

I just busted ANOTHER drive cup...

andyken

redthomas said:
You can also just shut 1/2 inch long pieces of copper tubing and slide it over the cup..that'll stregnthen the cup and not let it bust apart
Did that, now they are snapping where the pin goes thru...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.