• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Demon 2spd

berto1230781

might be wrong bearing same out diameter but inside whole is different. i thought demon was going to send u a new pair of bearing??

claude bigelow

Yeah it's on the way, he sent them plus a lot of extras. But me being impatient I ordered parts from Redcat only to find out there not the right ones. But I'll be at the hobby shop when he opens tomorrow, I got to get my baby back on the road.

BertR

50068 is for the other end of that shaft..It is a 22/10/7 and you need the 22/8/7 for that shaft. lucky for me I have a Bearing house local that has all the bearings for the plate but at a cost for high grade about $6.75 each for the 22/8/7

claude bigelow

BertR said:
50068 is for the other end of that shaft..It is a 22/10/7 and you need the 22/8/7 for that shaft. lucky for me I have a Bearing house local that has all the bearings for the plate but at a cost for high grade about $6.75 each for the 22/8/7
Ok thanks now I know what to ask for, $6.75 I'll take 5pcs. Meet me in Jersey City tomorrow I'll cover your gas.LOL

G

That is the wrong sized bearing. Check with DemonRC on the correct size. Remember that is not a Redcat gear plate. ;)

BertR

In the kit description on Demons website for the Rampage 2 speed The 2 pice layshaft is soported by duble 22/8/7 bearings .. You already tried a 22/10/7 and found that the 22 and 7 fit but the 10 is to loose. The 8 bore will be the snug key for the layshaft. Just tring to help with your delema

claude bigelow

BertR said:
In the kit description on Demons website for the Rampage 2 speed The 2 pice layshaft is soported by duble 22/8/7 bearings .. You already tried a 22/10/7 and found that the 22 and 7 fit but the 10 is to loose. The 8 bore will be the snug key for the layshaft. Just tring to help with your delema
Ok thanks I appreciate the help, and I'll let you know how I make out.

claude bigelow

BertR said:
Just wanted to say thanks again for your help, just heard back from DemonRc and the bearings you quoted were correct. I should have them tomorrow, and I can get my MT back on the road.

claude bigelow

Parts arrived, everything is loctite and ready to go. Tested it with wheels in the air, everything sounded good. Had to fight with myself not to run it. Thanks again DemonRC.

claude bigelow

BertR

Lookin good to go now! You have my problem with wanting to run you beast.... I am waiting for a new set of paddles to get here.

claude bigelow

Well I got her back on the road today, and her performance was awesome. Really happy with the speed that the 2speed helps the MT achieve. Gears were shifting very well. But with all good things come problems. I was running top speed, hit the brakes spinned around and gunned it.(bad move) Tires spinned hard, then everything stopped. The two top gears on the left popped off(which I found). Now other problem, when I spin the clutch bell it's very stiff. Can't pull the pull start, it comes out a little and just stops. Not sure what problem may be, any help appreciated.

Sorry for long story

G

claude bigelow said:
Well I got her back on the road today, and her performance was awesome. Really happy with the speed that the 2speed helps the MT achieve. Gears were shifting very well. But with all good things come problems. I was running top speed, hit the brakes spinned around and gunned it.(bad move) Tires spinned hard, then everything stopped. The two top gears on the left popped off(which I found). Now other problem, when I spin the clutch bell it's very stiff. Can't pull the pull start, it comes out a little and just stops. Not sure what problem may be, any help appreciated. Sorry for long story
Clutch might have came apart. Pull the bell off and see if you can pull the starter.

rcgasser

Also check to make sure your clutch spring has not broken or stretch out. Also you want to make sure you use alot of red locktite on the 2 speed gears and let it sit that's the hard part I know.

claude bigelow

rcgasser said:
Also check to make sure your clutch spring has not broken or stretch out. Also you want to make sure you use alot of red locktite on the 2 speed gears and let it sit that's the hard part I know.
Ok I'll check that also, I used a lot of loctite but it wasn't even 24hrs before I ran it. I guess this what happens when your impatient. LOL

rcgasser

Yea I know the felling especially when you have just one now I allow mine to sit 2 days before I use it and just drive the other cars.

claude bigelow

rcgasser said:
Yea I know the felling especially when you have just one now I allow mine to sit 2 days before I use it and just drive the other cars.
My backup ride was supposed to be the DBXL, I had an accident and the parts are conveniently unavailable until late April. As I've said before straight BS. Some just running my stampede. Once I fix problem definitely will wait the 2 days to avoid the same problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts