• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

CVA joints

MTMIKE

What are you guys doing to make the CVA joints live longer? They just seem to wear out and sometimes gall only after one day of bashing. Anyone making these better than stock? Thank for your help.

BertR

And I thought my biannual CV rebuild was bad lol.don't do so many hard on throttle turns...That alone will save on wear n tear. All else move to bones and be rock solid.

Silent_chaos

rcgasser said:
what are you running? Change to dog bones and drive cups they hold up much better.
How? Are the center Dogbones and the CVDs interchangeable?

Arent dogbones much lengthier?

rcgasser

Silent_chaos said:
How? Are the center Dogbones and the CVDs interchangeable? Arent dogbones much lengthier?
I never said that they were interchangeable I said switch from cvds and use dogbones and drive cups.

Wayne

I tried that. If you put the rear in the front you can not turn because the drive cup will not clear the c hub .

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

Are you using the 6mm or the 10mm I don't have any cvd on mine but that was over 3 years ago that I changed them I will have to remember what it is I did.

Wayne

10mm axle I had the same problem with the 6mm axle. It is not the axle that causes the problem it is the drive cup. It prevents you from turning. There is no problem if yon drive straight but when you turn the drive cup does not clear the c hub. I think the c hup on the MT is different and therefore not a problem. The drive cups on the MT may be different also.

BertR

You have to trim the C hub in order to get it to turn with no contact ...I was going to swap over and found that is the only option but abandoned it because it was a waste of good hubs that had no problems.

rcgasser

Yea I know its not the axle so it must be the drive cup. So maybe that is the difference I run the 7075 c hub so maybe that's the difference form stock I know they are on mine and work fine and I run the 6mm the old version. As I stated its been a few years so I don't complete remember all that I did but I do run the 7075 c hubs and bearing holders.

Wayne

I did not mean to offend you, just trying to be clear. I also run the 7075 c hubs and bearing holders.

Wayne

Thank you BertR, now I know I was not the only one that had that problem and it was not something I was doing. I addressed this issue on this formum before and was told it is not a good idea to trim the drive cups or c hubs. I do appriciate the advise.

rcgasser

Wayne said:
I did not mean to offend you, just trying to be clear. I also run the 7075 c hubs and bearing holders.
Not offended at all!!!!!! I was just letting you know that some kind of a way i run them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts