• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Cup sleves

Ol' fart

I had some tubing laying around from boat railing so made these to stop the cups from cracking. The inside is a perfect press fit so all I do is part them off, deburr and press them on. It fits on all the drive cups on the car. If there is interest I could have stock parts for sale with this mod done. I can't sell just the rings because you'll need a special press to get them on that's too expensive. They are so cheap to make and install that the stock price would cover the cost of the sleeves and installing them so it's a no brainer. Better than stock, same price as stock.

Oh, one thing. They will not fit in a stock front bearing holder, no room.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Those look great. Sign me up!

G

Yeah, the MT cups don't have the flats on them, but both versions are 20 +/- mm OD.

lowride92

i had made these for my mt,, its copper l pipe from lowes,,for the shaft i heat pipe up (its a tight fit) and tap it on over the shaft

101_2999.jpg

101_3000.jpg

101_2999.jpg

101_3000.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/101_2999.jpg.0d65eb93868dc400067b3fdf2f8149b8.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/101_3000.jpg.1966ff37e79716872f7bb986c606c050.jpg

Ol' fart

claude bigelow said:
Ok so they will work for the MT. How do I order?
All you have to do is wait for me to put them up on my website :D

A huge moan rolls threw the crowd

topblissgt

Ol said:
I had some tubing laying around from boat railing so made these to stop the cups from cracking. The inside is a perfect press fit so all I do is part them off, deburr and press them on. It fits on all the drive cups on the car. If there is interest I could have stock parts for sale with this mod done. I can't sell just the rings because you'll need a special press to get them on that's too expensive. They are so cheap to make and install that the stock price would cover the cost of the sleeves and installing them so it's a no brainer. Better than stock, same price as stock.Oh, one thing. They will not fit in a stock front bearing holder, no room.
I just installed a set of 4 and they seems to fit the fronts fine..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts