• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Considering offering a roller

mooky

Contributor
i can honestly say that since ive had my tt running over here there has been a lot of interest in it.

a roller kit for the buggy would sell like there is no tomorrow since the only other models are the mcd (unrealiable) and the himoto mxb5 (way to pricey)

most fifth racers have thier own tuned engines that the move from car to car,which means they would have there own reliable power plant with the excellance and handling of the redcat.

also as a club organiser this would make it easy for us as we have spare engines and we could then afford to buy a stock of rollers then run them as club/hire cars.

this idea would be so attractive to so many racers i don't think you can afford not to!!!

just my opinion

mooky

p.s you do need to sort out your warranty procedures though!

python

A roller would be great, no engine, no pipe, no servos, I think sales would grow just from the lower initial costs, then people could either get a tricked out motor or the guy on a budget can buy a baja motor on ebay for cheap.

speedyd

Banned
a roller?! A KIT?!!!! now you are talking , a kit version with some upgrades would be too cool, i would probably go straight into shock with joy! could it be that we finally have someone out there actually giving us what we want? i feel so special! the prices you guys are throwing out sound awsome too. better prices equal better sales wich in turn creates more support. i like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

sig943

I would buy one tomorrow. I have four baja motors laying around and no need for more radio gear.

pipeous

Darrin

I'd like to say it is great to see this kind of support. I used to be big into helis. I remember when I got a first version Align T Rex. Align did much the same thing with support and upgrades and grew to become a premier supplier. I hope and wish things go as well for yourself

Z

ZielkeRacing

I would love a kit. I think building your own is part of the hobby, use to be anyway. This way you can add your own electronics and engine. You can add your won loctite and know its there. Also your choice of diff oils and so on. This is a great idea.

badboy2

will this be happening in coming months or would be for another years??

Rampage.Pete

so any news if there is a kit coming out? i would snag a mt kit to go along with my buggy :) i love to build these things maybe more than actually driving em...

kryptonite

ya im really hoping they go for this mt kit or a buggy kit before the bajar or whatever its called.. maybe they can split it up or something. im sure they would both or all sell pretty well

Rampage.Pete

sure would... most ppl that been in hobby for years much much more prefer to put it together themself... if there would been a kit avaivable i would chosen that on the spot over the rtr

kryptonite

Rampage.Pete said:
sure would... most ppl that been in hobby for years much much more prefer to put it together themself... if there would been a kit avaivable i would chosen that on the spot over the rtr
ya i hear folks say that too, and im the same way. would much rather a kit form. but why are soo many if not all manufactorers selling rtr's or artr? maybe couse as many of us say how great it is, their is more that click on the artr.. darrin said they offered a nitro kit/roller but they could barely give them away..

Rampage.Pete

i never seen or heard of redcat kit i would wanted to try it out even if nitro... well rtr is easyer to sell i guess to the mass.. noobs mainly and get them into rc... but we that been in hobby get forgotten when this happens... big thank you to hpi for their ss kits... i hope we get same from redcat hence the reputation is climbing up big time with these gassers... i really feel bad i missed out on a redcat kit :( i never seen a add or even heard of it before lol... i only heard rumors once about km baja kit is in progress... but anyways im sure the 4x4 rampage kit will be a big hit... cant go wrong with that

hudler

Brand new here guys, been in nitro for over 25 years, love the hobby. I Never had a 1/5 scale before, Canadian $ has always been lower(except for a few months) and the cost has always kept me away. I have tried to buy a Baja on another forum, but ended getting ripped off. That's another story. I would be very interested in the kit form of the Rampage, price is right and you could get what you needed over a couple of months as budget allows and also get the good stuff!! IE more powerful engine over stock, good electrics etc. Another thing I would love to see is a CORR Truck, it would sell like hotcakes, and in 1/5 scale it would ROCK!! Just my opinion. Since spring is rolling around, I would love to get some type of time frame on the 1/5 roller or kits, this would be a great way to enjoy the summer!

jigawatt

a lot of the success can be based off of how it was/is also marketed. The Baja 5b SS had plenty of advertising thrown around, plus it built off of the marketing success of the RTR baja.

Quite a few people still don't know what a Rampage is, has it been in any of the mags yet?

kryptonite

Rampage.Pete said:
and i believe marketing was not done properly when the nitro kit was offered hence i never heard of that lol
ya, i tried to find it, but they changed the site around. marketing is a huge thing!! thats what this forum is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts