• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chassis??

WAY

krashkrieg said:
One piece is not always stronger, the strongest part of two piece of rope is where the knot is, or two steel I beams, strongest part is where they are bracketed together. don't always trust common sense... :p
I don't have much common sense anyway so this works well for me! :D

Obeast44

Banned
Just got my chassis in today, thanks Ol`Fart!! I thought you guys might wanna see a quick shot of it.

Also don't mind all my fingerprints all over the chassis!!! :D

IMG_03271.jpg

IMG_03291.jpg

The build will begin tonight and I will post some pics when she is complete in the coming days.

EDIT: In a bit of a rush, got my daughters B-Day coming up in an hour or so. I just gotta say, I am not a small dude (obviously! LOL) and I cant even get this chassis to flex in my hands. The stock XB chassis I could probably roll up like TP! Did I mention its lighter too boot? Ol`Fart you have definitely outdone yourself on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Looks great man!

Obeast44

Banned
krashkrieg said:
Looks Sweet....I thought you were waiting for the steering links to finish your build
I was, but with the 3 piece chassis, changing them out will be a piece of cake! Plus I haven't ran a car since Powerjam so I am itching to get some runtime in.

ChuenouXiao

Obeast44 said:
Just got my chassis in today, thanks Ol`Fart!! I thought you guys might wanna see a quick shot of it. Also don't mind all my fingerprints all over the chassis!!! :D

The build will begin tonight and I will post some pics when she is complete in the coming days.

EDIT: In a bit of a rush, got my daughters B-Day coming up in an hour or so. I just gotta say, I am not a small dude (obviously! LOL) and I cant even get this chassis to flex in my hands. The stock XB chassis I could probably roll up like TP! Did I mention its lighter too boot? Ol`Fart you have definitely outdone yourself on this one.
So this is lighter then the stock chassis? What about the chassis of the XB? What's the main advantage to getting this chassis comparing to my stock XB chassis?

Obeast44

Banned
Its lighter, stronger, and you can pull the front/rear suspension off just by removing 3 bolts through the bottom of the chassis.

G

No More Chassis Flex! That alone make them worth their weight in gold! :)

Last edited:

ChuenouXiao

ChuenouXiao said:
So this is lighter then the stock chassis? What about the chassis of the XB? What's the main advantage to getting this chassis comparing to my stock XB chassis?
Ow... I like the fact that there is no slit near where the center gear is at :D nice... damn... I'm drooling over this :D

G

ChuenouXiao said:
Three bolts for the differential?
Look at the top pic. See the three holes in the triangle pattern? Those are where the front and rear suspension plates connect. The chassis is three pieces. Take out those three screws and you can remove the front section with the suspension still intact.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Look at the top pic. See the three holes in the triangle pattern? Those are where the front and rear suspension plates connect. The chassis is three pieces. Take out those three screws and you can remove the front section with the suspension still intact.
Be nice if I can see the chassis in three piece :D so I would know what you mean.... Sorry I'm such an idiot :D

G

ChuenouXiao said:
Be nice if I can see the chassis in three piece :D so I would know what you mean.... Sorry I'm such an idiot :D
As soon as I get mine Ill send you a pic. LOL :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts