• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Caught the boat bug...

racetruck

Deluge said:
I've spotted another option. Brushless but no radio equipment and it's a fiberglass hull. I have a few extra receivers I could use, unless boats need a specific type of radio system? I'm not sure, I'll research that.AquaCraft Revolt 30 FE Mono

I would go with this aqua craft i have the miss bud 1/8th gas 26cc pro boat i wont buy another pro boat there not setup good and don't handle alot of speed

TTH

You most definitely will need a recovery method with either hull. I have built custom rc boats for the last 15yrs. Example: what would you do if the prop comes off while running, heaven worse have the shaft come out and then hull starts taking on water....just food for thought. I think the pro boat would be the most beginner friendly as far as setup and ride attitude Mono's are more forgiving. I'll post some pics of my fleet in a few minutes.If you are willing to spend a little more money look at Offshore Electrics they have a world of knowledge on their forum. I am a member there also same username. Give me a shout if you need some help with anything. Go into my gallery and look at my fleet there. The red hull is made of carbon fiber and has broken 100mph all the hulls here are electric. Black Hydro is a SpeedFreek 52"

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

Are there any benefits to running a 30" hull rather than a 26"?

I'll check out that site, so far it looks good! I'll be sure to message you if I need any advice. Thanks, dude!

G

Deluge said:
Are there any benefits to running a 30" hull rather than a 26"?
Or larger yet? I'm assuming like all other forms of RC vehicle the larger the more stable they get.?

TTH

There is definitely an advantage....stability. Remember to think in scale. One difference between a 26' and a 30' Offshore class race boat is the size seas that it can handle. Also consider 2" ripples are like 2' waves to your boat.

REVOlutionary Rampage

Deluge,

Have you looked at any of the Traxxas boats? I don't think any of them are weedwacker engines. They are RTR along with a return to shore system if something goes wrong. Traxxas has been into boats for a few years, so I'm sure the bugs have been worked out by now.

Deluge

I looked at the Spartan manual and I didn't see anything about a RTS system. How would that work if I broke a prop, or lost power? I'll research that, as well.

larryo

Hi All the rtr boats need alot of work done to them the (GAS) one. I built my boats out of the parts i want too.It makes for a better boat,

G

It is a damn contagious bug. I spent all of last night reading reviews and watching YouTube vids on boats.

alfred e numan

Me? I tell ya, if i found a pot - o gold, i would buy a house boat and be on lake Powell, Have covered some of it in a touring kayak- esclantie arm - bull frog basin- its huge. the r-c stuff would be ran while kicking back on deck. dream on huh?? slap the shi% outta me dudes- wake me up!!! lol.

G

Not bad. That's pretty fast!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts