• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Caught the boat bug...

Deluge

Well, like the title says I've caught the boat bug. I'm stepping into new territory here so if I could get some advice on what to look for specifically, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm only looking at ABS hulls right now, I'll get a fiberglass hull in the future. Anyway, I've narrowed it down to two boats. If you see something about them that I need to be aware of, let me know, it would help a ton.

Pro Boat Shockwave 26 V3 Brushless Deep-V RTR Boat w/Spektrum DX2E

%24T2eC16VHJHEE9ny2rTbkBQPiZ-De)!~~60_12.JPG

AquaCraft Wildcat EP Brushless Offshore Catamaran w/Tactic 2.4GHz Radio System

cordy

Yes Deluge they look great. I believe the catamaran hull to be a little more stable.However thier both very fast.

Cca

They both look nice, I myself would like a nice two stroke one some day too lol. Just a thought is most people need two boats or a "recovery boat" when you need to get this one out if trouble strikes.

Deluge

The place I plan on running is right next to a lake, so I don't want to run anything that's super loud. Sometimes they run nitro boats there and it's loud as hell. I love the sound, but I'm sure the people fishing don't appreciate it as much as I do. Lol.

I have a recovery plan. I'm going old school with a fishing pole and a tennis ball. That'll get me by until I decide on a recovery boat.

As far as speed, they're both brushless and I'm sure I can squeeze a little more out of them with a bigger prop.

G

Looks fun as hell. Wish I had a place closer to run one.

blak__jak

when I used to run boats more than anything else I rigged up an el'cheapo electric one as a recovery boat. nice and slow and reverse. it came in handy all the time for me and all the other guys. in fact some days it seemed like I was running it more than I ran my gassers. anyway if your still shopping around check out these guys. they make some sweet boats.

http://www.bonzisports.com/

alfred e numan

used to be into off shore hull -prather epoxy fiberglass- picco p 45- k-b 7.5 high nitro inboard. yes, the cat hulls are great, but-- with the v-hulls, if you are into it- they can be ran in much funner water- when the wind starts blowing and the waves -a lot of the fishermen will head to shore on the larger lake you mentioned-- thats where the fun begins! sorta like jumbing a hpi 5-b. just be on the down wind end of the water.- let the wind bring it in to shore. with no intake for air- as long as the hatch stays on--- yea, cats are cool looking- but me? used the v-hull for getting radical. then check out out rigger hulls for really going fast on smooth water- easy to build your own.

rcgasser

They look nice with proboat you can not go wrong I have a couple of them myself but mine are gas. With electric boats you really wont need a recovery plane except for if you get the caterman but the deep V if you hit the throttle while its upside down it will flip back over so you will just need the recover plan if you loose power or something else. Make sure you keep your flex shaft well greased this will keep the shaft running a long time and also keep water out and you will have a blast.

blak__jak

+1 on vee hauls being your best bet for first boat. I've ran all kinds and can say for sure that they're much easier to keep right side up. don't get me wrong cats are a blast and fast but when you turn into the wind they can turn into an airplane in the blink of the eye. just something you have to get used to. heck they're all fun. if I still lived in florida i'd still have a few. they're just like everything else. one of them isn't going to be enough.

cordy

Deluge you may want to check out ac boats rc. Thier in canada and I don't know if your looking for a rtr or one you build yourself.

alfred e numan

yea, thats what i was wondering also. folks on this forum from distant places may not know this- that area dudge lives in is desert, but has a ski resort!

G

Lots of parks up in my area with man made little lakes. I would think the no motor vehicle rule might include the RC boats.

Deluge

I've spotted another option. Brushless but no radio equipment and it's a fiberglass hull. I have a few extra receivers I could use, unless boats need a specific type of radio system? I'm not sure, I'll research that.

AquaCraft Revolt 30 FE Mono

G

Deluge said:
I'll be running at Archer Lake. There's no fishing allowed there, RC boats only. They also have an RC plane area right next to it.
That looks sweet! Dedicated RC park. Way cool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts