• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

C+D gears

AlvaSpeed

I remember seeing the specs of one of the Large Scale RC guys TT that he races with a different combination of C+D gears.

I can find that thread. I don't remember if it was here or in another forum.

What combinations are available?

Gas Jocky

Their MCD steel 23/26 gears , I've ran them for a year now, gives a slight difference in ratio by swapping them on the C and D.

AlvaSpeed

Thanks, I have seen this chart before.

I wanted to know where do the other gear combinantions fall between the ones we are currently using.

I know if I use c26+d23 it is going to be a higher overall ratio. But how high? and how low with a c23+d26?

lumax

AlvaSpeed said:
Thanks, I have seen this chart before.I wanted to know where do the other gear combinantions fall between the ones we are currently using.I know if I use c26+d23 it is going to be a higher overall ratio. But how high? and how low with a c23+d26?
Here is a table I made for the complete gearing optionsI don't warranty the exactitude of the result in this table so if you want to make your own calculation here is the formula(A/B) * (C/D) = Total RatioLUMAX Gearing table.JPG

/monthly_2009_06/583c6059a200d_Gearingtable.JPG.82e362e8a3869d2f28ef4b69d040d6cc.JPG

lumax

Here is a gearing table i made, there is no warranty in the exactitude of the table and the result but if you want to make your own calculations, here is the formula

(B/A) * (D/C) = Total Ratio

LUMAX

Last edited by a moderator:

pup1970

I thought that the A?B set had to be a total of 60 teeth and the c/d had to be 50?? Will only having 49 cause any problems or are they cut differently?

looker2756

Contributor
The MCD 23/26 c&d combo work fine. There is one less tooth, but with a little slop they work fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts