• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Bought Some Goodies

G

So I decided to do some shopping for the XB. I purchased the Turtle Racing V2 pull starter and their finned clutch case. I also wanted to try a lipo set up for the servos. I ordered a Thunder Power 7.4volt 4000mah receiver pack to power a Hitec 5765 for steering and a Hitec 5685 for throttle/brake. I ordered a Killer RC smart volt meter to make it easier to watch power levels. We will see how the Flysky likes 7.4volts.

I now can donate the 5755 & 645 to the XSC project. I ordered a killer bee for the XSC yesterday. To bad for me its on deal of the day at DDM today.

I get some pics up when I get the goodies installed.

G

I am not patient when I want to try something. For those of you who might consider a lipo setup. Killer RC will be coming out with a 6500+mah 7.4volt lipo receiver pack for about $50. It is suppose to be close to the same size as the standard hump pack. They should be available in about 30 days. I will definitely pick up a few when they are released.

rampage idiot

cool post pics of the pull start and clutch case on the xb. Thanks for the info on the battery I wanna try that killer battery if it will fit in the amazingly overfilled battery box I have

G

I finally had some time and installed the TR finned clutch case. Here it is. I hope to install the pull starter tonight.

-

54c39c9d.jpg

G

your missing 2 screws......................
Yeah.... I am also installing the aluminum servo mount, so I left them out. I will be removing that top plate. I am converting to high voltage servos to be run by a 7.4 volt lipo receiver pack.

G

Does the finned clutch case make any difference on something or just looks?
The fins help keep the clutch cool by not allowing engine heat to transfer to the clutch. Keeping the clutch cooler helps prevent clutch fade.

G

Yes correct. If your running an adjustable clutch you can make adjustments with out taking it part.

G

Installed the TR pull starter. It pulls easier for sure. Installs in about 10-15 minutes. For the Xseries you must trim the side guard as it is about a 1/4" wider.

-

3958715e.jpg

G

Got the high volt servos mounted up. Now I just need to plug everything together and see if the FS receiver can handle it.

-

b08a270b.jpg

ad5fa1bb.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.