• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Biggest monster truck tires on earth!!

krebidoux

$219? ouch i have spare firehammer rims i would use first.

forescott

Yup, the rc4wd fg beadlocks are on sale for $299(double ouch) but the firehammer rims are only 3.16 inches wide according to towerhobbies. Also the beadlocks built for the demolisher tire is only 12 mm hex and the offset is incorrect as well. They would handle horribly even if you could adapt them to the mt. I'm seriously considering spending the 300 bucks for the aluminum fg beadlocks from rc4wd, but i want to be sure they will work first. I guess i could return them if they don't.

forescott

krebidoux said:
$219? ouch i have spare firehammer rims i would use first.
Would you mind giving me the dimensions of those wheels??

krebidoux

4.77h x 3.16w and the drive square is the same as the fg thats for the rims and the tires are 7.5h x 4.5w.

Last edited by a moderator:

forescott

first pic is the demolisher tire on the stock firehammer.second is the demolisher tire.third is the rc4wd beadlock wheels for the FG truck.last is the back side of the rc4wd wheel designed for the demolisher tire w/12mm hex.

Turatrax-Firehammer-MT-1.jpg

Demolisher-004.jpg

FGBL-05.jpg

DSC_2928.jpg

Turatrax-Firehammer-MT-1.jpg

Demolisher-004.jpg

FGBL-05.jpg

DSC_2928.jpg

/monthly_2011_09/Turatrax-Firehammer-MT-1.jpg.7e76966dc9a050d99fbdc57321e47c49.jpg

/monthly_2011_09/Demolisher-004.jpg.1cec29fa86e31d83867655d737c9a166.jpg

/monthly_2011_09/FGBL-05.jpg.d8fc8347f1248aafd1d7aacdf369dfaa.jpg

/monthly_2011_09/DSC_2928.jpg.75ffcd4bf203415bd971d58563ead512.jpg

forescott

I ordered a set of integy super wide 40 series dish wheels with 23mm hex that I think will bolt right up to the rampage mt, and they are 3.4 inches wide. The widest plastic 40-series wheel I could find in a 23mm hex. I will give them a try but I still think they will be too narrow.

krebidoux

if the fhammer rims work then the integy ones will. but i have to agree, integy +30lbs= carnage. out of everything i've bought from them maybe a couple of things have worked. i don't think they make anything to handle a 1/5 scale good. ps.....if those fg rims weren't so much i'd get them myself.....dam they're nice.

forescott

True. You also have to remember these tires were designed for rock crawling and were probably never meant for any real speed. The demolisher would look really good on any 1/5 scale mt, but i wouldnt expect any real performance out of em.

forescott

Just got an e-mail from rc4wd when i tried to return my demolisher tires. They said that they will be releasing a new demolisher wheel in a 23 mm hex for the redcat. I didnt realize the redcat mt hexes were actually 22mm. Im gonna shoot em back an email and see what they say.

G

I agree. It would be more beneficial for them and still work on our adapters. Wouldn't it be great if all aftermarket wheels just had some kind of insert that you could swap to fit what ever truck you have. It really wouldn't be that hard to design.

krebidoux

i think it would be easier if every car maker made the same wheels.

forescott

Just got a response from rc4wd today. They were unaware of the rampage 22mm hex and asked where to get a stock hex to adapt the demolisher wheel to. I replied offering my MT for fitment purposes for the next 4-5weeks in trade for a killer deal on a set of wheels when they become available. I hope they bite, it would be far better to have the actual truck to make sure the wheel offset and fitment is correct. I will also mention the interest in a 24mm version as well.

G

Good luck. That will be quite an accomplishment. If you got them interested in wheels that fit, that's just the beginning. I would bet more parts would come from them in the future. They produce a lot of items. It would be great to see them interested in Redcat.

forescott

After reading some of your posts about crummy customer service I will probably retract my offer. i havent had any issues with them as of yet, but they were pretty reluctant to give me a return number to return my demolisher tires!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online