• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Biggest monster truck tires on earth!!

powerslave69

powerslave69

demolisher tire

Triggerman77 said:
Thi guy Mike [email protected], I've been exchanging email with him and he's waiting for his development team to answer him if they would consider making a new version of this tire for the rest of us 5th scaler. The guy with the beetle told me it was a lot of work to mount those huge tires to an FG rims and still hasn't done any torture test with it.It sounded like he did a lot of mod to this tire/rims. He said you gottta see this tire in person, it's HUGE!!

http://store.rc4wd.com/Demolisher-Monster-Truck-40-Series-Tires_p_750.html

Last edited by a moderator:

powerslave69

sorry triggerman

Triggerman77 said:
Power your link is Bogus Please post a good link ! I love to Read :D
Shvelle Me too!!!
Sorry about that guys, try this hopes it works this time.

this is where you could buy those tires. when you go to the site, leave them a short note and let them know you want these tires on your truck. they said they can make a light version of this wheels if that's what we want. But they gotta have enough people wanting this wheels to make it worthwhile for them to manufacture a universal version of it.

http://store.rc4wd.com/Demolisher-Monster-Truck-40-Series-Tires_p_750.html

I'm trying to gather enough people showing interest on these Demolisher tires then the company will consider making them universal. Right now it only works on their own RC trucks. email them guys if you want it.

I think I'm not allowed to post a link to other forums, coz' I keep getting a broken link when I paste it here. but here's what he said:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the interest guys. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I haven't put much mileage on the tires yet (was winter..., now raining all the time), so I can't say for certain how they'll hold up in the long run.

So far I have a tank on them and no issues with driveshafts, clutch, steering or brakes. The acceleration is a little less brisk, but sufficient in my eyes (just running the stock motor & pipe for now). I did beef-up the diffs a little before I installed the tires.

The tire bead had to be trimmed-down to about half size. The FG rims had to have a ring of plastic removed in order for the tires to fit. (glue is your friend )

I will likely make some vids in the summer.

As for the body - I've never ran it with the beetle body on it yet - still have to make a cage and figure-out a mounting system (as I said in the first post - it's just sitting on there for now - waiting for warmer weather to get out in the garage to fab something up)

Here are some pics of the rim & tire mods.

View attachment 4050

View attachment 4051

View attachment 4052

View attachment 4053

View attachment 4054

[email protected]

and Mike told me he'll discuss it with his development team.

Last edited by a moderator:

powerslave69

broken link

Triggerman77 said:
Power your link is Bogus Please post a good link ! I love to Read :D
Shvelle Me too!!!
Triggerman, I tried several times to paste the link of that dude with the beetle body nutech truck with the demolisher tires. Every time I paste I keep getting a broken link. I think we're not allowed to post links from other forum. If that's the case, then I have to follow and respect that rule. I don't want to get booted out of this forum dude coz' that would really SUX! :D

Jester

That is totally understandable! So we can buy these tires now it looks like but have to mod the wheels and tires. Or do they sell premounted sets?

powerslave69

they will

Jester said:
That is totally understandable! So we can buy these tires now it looks like but have to mod the wheels and tires. Or do they sell premounted sets?
they said we can buy them all setup for our 5th scale, but they need enough people expressing interest in 'em then they'll start making those wheels.

csp1971

Contributor

forescott

Ok, so new guy here with a rampage mt on the way. Already have a a set of these demolisher tires trying to figure out a way to get them on the rampage. Rc4wd has a pic on their website at the bottom of the demolisher tire page of these tires mounted on a duratrax firehammer. Ok, so the firehammer wheels are too narrow but their diameter is approx. 4 1/2 inches. Since the tire has soo much rubber, it seems like they just stretched the bead over the larger diameter wheel right?

Now i wouldnt use the firehammer wheel because its too narrow but rc4wd does sell an aftermarket beadlock aluminum wheel for the fg monster truck that is about the same 4.8 inches in diameter but 4 1/2 inches wide with the fg square drive. Seems to me that the demolisher tire would fit this wheel and could be easily adapted to fit the rampage with the correct square adapter. Does anyone else think this would work or am i still spinning my wheels here?

krebidoux

the demolisher tires fit the firehammer rims. if you go down the page you'll see them on a firehammer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.