• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Belt drive

G-Man

That's the one I have
I can not seem to get this belt right. I put the belt on bolt everything down and the truck will barely roll when pushed, seems real tight. I take the belt off and it rolls as should. I bought all new bearings for the gearplate and it still is too tight. I did notice the bearings do not have a real tight fit in the gearplate. Maybe the bearings are allowing the shafts to go crooked from the belt tension? I am at a loss here. Any ideas?

G-Man

I put the belt on and it rolls better than with the stock gears.
It is so weird. I pull the belt off and it rolls great. I did notice my bearings don't have a press fit in the gearplate. Maybe they are a little crooked causing this problem.

Phill

It is so weird. I pull the belt off and it rolls great. I did notice my bearings don't have a press fit in the gearplate. Maybe they are a little crooked causing this problem.
Back the nuts off a fraction so that you have a little end play in the shafts.

G-Man

Back the nuts off a fraction so that you have a little end play in the shafts.
I ordered a new gear plate. the bearings don't have a tight fit. Thinking maybe the shafts are being put at an angle from the tension of the belt. It rolls fine without the belt installed.

Phill

I ordered a new gear plate. the bearings don't have a tight fit. Thinking maybe the shafts are being put at an angle from the tension of the belt. It rolls fine without the belt installed.
Mine was the same when I replaced the bearings
Glued em.in with red loctite
Just make sure to put the shafts in while its drying to keep everything aligned

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.