• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Belt drive system video

G

I just wanted to propose insted of a belt why not using a few sprokets and chain.... In my opinion it would be a way much easier to build and also very reliable
There would not be any benefit over the steel gear drive. Chains also need to stay lubed. The belt drive offers a quiet and less clunky of a transmission. It also is lighter. They also look damn cool:)

DemonRC

Challenger said:
I just wanted to propose insted of a belt why not using a few sprokets and chain.... In my opinion it would be a way much easier to build and also very reliable
Been there done that. Since the chain is directly on the engine, instead of being geared down somewhere down the drivetrain, the velocity on the chain is so high that there is no chain lube that will stay on it for more than a few short runs. After a fun runs up and down the street the lube is gone and the chain goes dry. It pretty much locks up then and bogs the engine. The solution would be to run an enclosed system and have the chain running though a lube bath. The downside to that would be that's is messy as hell to maintain and there's alot of parasitic loss from the chain moving through the oil.

G

Thanks Dusty,

I could not have said it better myself.

I have some out for testing and an order in transit. I wish I would have saved one for myself just to get some more pics up. I have 20 sets on the way. I started with a small order just incase I had to dump them one eBay or Craigslist. Lol. The exchange rate, exchange fees and shipping were more than I was hoping for. It looks like the kit will be priced at $129 plus shipping. I will also come up with a package for those running the x series plastic gear plate who want to upgrade.

The kit is great so far on a stock Rampage. I am going to throw it on a couple of 7+ hp OBRs one of which is mine that I just installed in my XB. Just want to see how it holds up.

Sorry I took a couple days two answer. This was not my thread. You guys can alway send me a message. I'll get right back to you.

I will get more info posted as soon as I get the new order. I promise! :)

Last edited:

CS Freak

Belt Drive on Aluminium Gear Plate

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online