• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Belt drive system video

rcmotor.dk

Hallo Guys

here is a little video with the system :)

[ame]

[/ame]

cordy

Gotta love that german inganuity. Does the belt strech? Does it have a take up tensioner?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

It is a nice kit. I'm working with the manufacture on quantity pricing. I will stock a large amount. Also I won't sell them until I'm sure they will hold up. It's testing will be by third party. It needs to be able to handle the OBR 7.5hp. I'll have some posts on it in the near future.

Keith81

RCDAD, Please keep me posted! I am so interested and want two!!!

let me know brother, let me know!

:D

GTS 666

RCDAD said:
It is a nice kit. I'm working with the manufacture on quantity pricing. I will stock a large amount. Also I won't sell them until I'm sure they will hold up. It's testing will be by third party. It needs to be able to handle the OBR 7.5hp. I'll have some posts on it in the near future.
Good to hear it will be tested by someone we know. Thanks for info.

G

What are the cost of this system.
The manufacture sells them for 99 euros which is about $130+ shipping is about $50. If I get my way I will have them on my site for $99

--

2.jpg

Last edited:

GTS 666

I'm happy to pay freight and cost to test on the Trevor Simpson reed case I'll even run it on Methanol to see how it holds up. One of my mates know heaps about 2 strokes and Meth won lots of races on bikes with it.

rcgasser

RCDAD said:
The manufacture sells them for 99 euros which is about $130+ shipping is about $50. If I get my way I will have them on my site for $99--

2.jpg
Cool dad keep us posted I can use a few of these!!!!

alfred e numan

this set up should handle a high output motor even on pavement, the belt will absorb shock. almost all cars on the road now have belt driven camshafts, 4 valves per piston-double overhead cams driven by 1 belt- the recomended replacement interval on my car is 100,000 miles, this drive for the redcat -the belt covers 75% of the pullys teeth cause of the center idler wheels angle - more than most automobiles camshaft pullys does. Now i am just like Pavlovs dog- slobbering every time i see this drive!!!

oznjo

One of the short comings with the belt drive used with 1/8 scale and 1/10 scale ONROAD cars was no belt covers with out a belt cover on dusty roads you accelerate belt wear I am glad to see that this system address this problem , belts should last a long time. Unit loooks good.

DemonRC

I'm honestly happy that somebody came along and made this available. It looks like a pretty clean setup. It looks like a simple unit which should cut down on maintainance. The belt is hard to see but it does look like a HTD 5 belt. I ran the same belt for a long time and they last a loooooong time. It looks like neoprene which is also fine. I used polyurethane because it's highly resistant to wear but this unit has a dust cover which is great. Hopefully, the belts have a kevlar core as the standard fiberglass core won't hold up to a ONB 30.5 and especially a TS reed.

I think I'm going to get home tonight and take my partner out for a celebration beer because I can now scrap the belt drive project.

rcmotor.dk

Hey

It has been tested in 6 months and it run just find, without problems....

Morten

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online