• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

bellcranks

krashkrieg

Contributor
Wow didn't even know those were available, what is the part number for those?...I'd rather support Ol Fart, but if he won't have his for a few months, I'll order those straight away and upgrade to his later!!!!

bigfol

krashkrieg said:
Wow didn't even know those were available, what is the part number for those?...I'd rather support Ol Fart, but if he won't have his for a few months, I'll order those straight away and upgrade to his later!!!!
Yeah I'm going to wait for ol'fart version,but if you can't wait.........

part number -710011

krashkrieg

Contributor
Thanks bigfol, .....olfart responded in another thread (you've read) and I will wait for his full redesign as well....

strodedawg

even with bogfol's mod, they still use those bushings that i have had a nightmare with. people have told me the servo saver part of the bellcrank locks up with grit and increases the chances of servo failure.

bigfol

strodedawg said:
even with bogfol's mod, they still use those bushings that i have had a nightmare with. people have told me the servo saver part of the bellcrank locks up with grit and increases the chances of servo failure.
I haven't had the bushes fail on me yet, brass is a soft metal,the posts that it pivots on are mild steel, I get that they use brass for its lubricating quality, But a stonger metal used with grease would work I think, just because it does not get that hot, maybe some bushes made out of stainless steel or even cardon fiber might work, I'll look into it.

I have add some thin brass tubing inserted directly over the metal rod coiming up from the chassis to take up the slack inside the posts and packed it with grease, I'm going to add some thin washers/shims on each end of the posts to stop dirt getting in......I forgot to take a photo, I'll post one next time I have to pull it apart, I'm still using stock plactic posts at this stage. The carbon fiber link rod is holding up nicely.....

krashkrieg

Contributor
bigfol said:
The carbon fiber link rod is holding up nicely.....
Do you remember what the distance beltween the hole centers was? My bar has bent several times and I want a correct distance to make something for now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts