• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

bellcranks

strodedawg

any word on the bellcranks? the stock ones are giving me fits. i am on the verge of begging for a better set.

problems:

too much flex

bushings bind up

bent wire ackerman bar stretches bellcrank holes

soft servo saver spring

remedies tried:

fill open spaces with epoxy to strengthen

make a more solid ackerman bar (multiple fails no room)

polish bellcrank posts and bushing (bushings too soft)

all have resulted in broken or binding bellcranks and a stinking baja or losi passing me as i limp off the track :mad:

Ol' fart

almost done

No. but here are the diff housings

1st pic shows the housings at production.

2nd pic you can see how the diff fits inside

3rd pic on the gear you can see an old bearing and the new, bigger bearing.

Running the covers now. You'll be able to take the cover off without removing the housing from the car. It will come with 2 bigger bearings and a set of steel shims to set your backlash.

k.jensen

Ol said:
No. but here are the diff housings1st pic shows the housings at production.

2nd pic you can see how the diff fits inside

3rd pic on the gear you can see an old bearing and the new, bigger bearing.

Running the covers now. You'll be able to take the cover off without removing the housing from the car. It will come with 2 bigger bearings and a set of steel shims to set your backlash.
looks good Ol'Fart, but tell me have you kept the stock size bearings that's on the differential? (the 2 bearings on each side of the gearbox) ?? I hope not... if you have then now THATS a bummer!!! I have exploded like 5 sets of those bearings allready costing me a new gearbox each time :eek:

Ol' fart

k.jensen said:
looks good Ol'Fart, but tell me have you kept the stock size bearings that's on the differential? (the 2 bearings on each side of the gearbox) ?? I hope not... if you have then now THATS a bummer!!! I have exploded like 5 sets of those bearings allready costing me a new gearbox each time :eek:
They are the stock size. I have never heard of someone blowing out those bearings untill now. But if you do you won't melt the housing anymore!!

k.jensen

Ol said:
They are the stock size. I have never heard of someone blowing out those bearings untill now. But if you do you won't melt the housing anymore!!
well yeah, that's damn true :p lol

rob64n

Contributor
k.jensen said:
you have something else wrong to be doing this

Ol' fart

Yup

I hope to have them on the website for sale this Monday. final testing this weekend. Look for a post on Sunday with pics and price.

This one was tough, Bellcranks will be a cake walk after this......WOW , when I look back it took me three months to get it right. Getting slow, but I nailed

it. They are light and strong but they are not for rooky's. You have to understand gear mesh to use them right. You'll get a full range of shims but

you'll get no instructions. You have to know what the f..k your doing.

Ol fart

cordy

Thanks old fart,well I hope that someone who understans gear mesh makes a video.That being said we all learn by doing.

Intense

ol said:
i hope to have them on the website for sale this monday. Final testing this weekend. Look for a post on sunday with pics and price.This one was tough, bellcranks will be a cake walk after this......wow , when i look back it took me three months to get it right. Getting slow, but i nailed

it. They are light and strong but they are not for rooky's. You have to understand gear mesh to use them right. You'll get a full range of shims but

you'll get no instructions. You have to know what the f..k your doing.

Ol fart
awesome!!!!!

strodedawg

saving up for my diff cases....... would like to buy some .........bellcranks from the awesome 7075rc

:)

bigfol

strodedawg said:
saving up for my diff cases....... would like to buy some .........bellcranks from the awesome 7075rcEver thought about using these?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts