• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Any one have a shelf queen?

M

magnum57

Clubin,

nice collection. ur haven way to much FUN.....

kryptonite

all my rigs are shelf queens. we all enjoy diffrent aspects of the hobby and as i run the snot out of my rigs i also spend 3 times as much effort into keeping them spotless. having and mantianing 4 large scales, 2 nitro's and a brushless is expensive with my self employed income. i take pride in keeping a "model" as clean and well kept as possible with still enjoying the action part. MAGNUM, you have a stunning collection! hands down. the huricane trailing the boat brought a tear to my eye. i'll post some pics soon

M

magnum57

I hear ya Bro; I spend a lot of time cleaning these rigs. As I said I like em in perfect shape. I run the hell out of em and then clean em up. I don’t know who posted the Simple green and a compressor way to clean. But Man it’s the only way I have found to get in the tight spots. I see a lot of RC’s in pix and videos that could use a good cleaning. It just makes since to keep em looking new. So I guess all mine are Queens too.

HAPPY NEW YEAR RC BRO’S

kryptonite

Kaz the Minotaur said:
I have an old Tamiya Blackfoot to remind me where I started back in the 80's.
hey kaz, thats awsome. ive been thinking about picking up a tamiya lunch as a little cheap project as it was the first hobby grade rc i had. everytime im ready to do it, something else will come up like a nice shiny pipe or a new set of wheels. one day

mooman007uk

Banned
I started off in the early 80's with one of these

kryptonite

ya that was back when ALL models came as a kit. what fun memories. whe use to run foam tires and race on indoor carpet tracks. kept me out of alot of trouble as a kid.

cable97526

My First RC was a Tamiya Monster Beetle also, I remember buying the Super Stock can motor from tamiya and stripping those little hex shafts and burning up resistor's on the mechanical speed control. AAAhhhh memories.

Clubin

Banned
cable97526 said:
Remember this? Hey guy's look! I just got my new 1100 Mah battery it'll last forever! and it only takes 2hrs to charge!
So?.......................... lol WoW things sure have changed eh?

Kaz the Minotaur

...and the ProTec 702 charger with the twist nob thing that started the charge.

...or the Aristocraft Challenger 250 stick radio

...or the incredibly advanced Futaba Magnum Jr. radio

...and last but not least...Dan's Bananna lube. Anyone remember that?

mooman007uk

Banned
This was my first nitro..a 1/8 mardave marauder so sophisticated it came with springs on the front with no shocks:D Mr bouncy....and you needed a starter for a plane with a rubber wheel to turn the flywheel to get it started as did the kyosho landjump 4x4 chain drive which was my 2nd nitro with an os motor. the mardave had a .25 irvine which was a pig to start...before the days of the pullstart. crap i'm getting old

I'll add that these are not pics of my mardave just something i scabbed off the interweb

check out the F1 steering setup:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.