• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

7075rc XT BUILD

rob64n

Contributor
the few bodies I have

DSCN2781.JPG

DSCN2782.JPG

DSCN2781.JPG

DSCN2782.JPG

/monthly_2012_08/DSCN2781.JPG.fa55de3622a87c5208b0b8a085f32cde.JPG

/monthly_2012_08/DSCN2782.JPG.64ab4d2f00f1af1caa4e16a0024b96e0.JPG

G

Nice.. Very Nice..

But I just gotta ask, do you really run the stock air filter?

rob64n

Contributor
RCDAD said:
Nice.. Very Nice..But I just gotta ask, do you really run the stock air filter?
yep, put an outerwear on it and never had an issue. I've ran the HPI ones and the problem I get is they start to spin. Then the clip rotates around and holds the throttle open. NOT FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

It is good to hear a positive experience on the stock version. I would say most swap it out as a precaution based on others opinions.

rob64n

Contributor
I have one hpi filter on one of my MT's but had to zip tie it to the roll cage to keep from the throttle, and it even has an angled shreadstack on it

rob64n

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Aww you dirty dog you! Allthough you did have a 2 month head start on me! :D I wanna see that 2 speed rippin it up man.
I'm guessing you missed seeing it run at PowerJam, I had adjusted the shift point last summer for the track but never got to take it so when I finally had a chance to test it out up there I ran it on the oval.. It was perfect for it. shifts into second about 5ft out of the corner, but with goin with a 4 tooth spread between gears second was a little too fast for the brakes,lol I may drop second down a tooth or two......

krashkrieg

Contributor
rob64n said:
yep, put an outerwear on it and never had an issue. I've ran the HPI ones and the problem I get is they start to spin. Then the clip rotates around and holds the throttle open. NOT FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rob, Trucks looking nice!

I thought I was the only one who had the 'spinning' HPI filter problem...

I have to tie my outerwears cover string (elastic) to the roll cage to keep the hinge from hitting / sticking the throttle.

Anyone have a better solution for this problem?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts