• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Guantanamo Joe

Hell Yeah!!!! It would be awesome to have a tug-of-war between a couple of these... Im just trying to figure out what parts will give out first. Clutch? Tires? Dogbones?

Almost makes it worth trying just to find that out... ha ha ha

G

I got some time to work on it today but it's not broke in yet. :(

I installed it. Gave it a few pulls and it fired right up. She's a loud one. I'm not sure my Jetpro is going to be the right pipe. I'll stick the tach on it once she tuned and see what its reving to. I know it's capable of an easy 16k with the right pipe. I'm thinking it might need modding or better yet I'll have Flowsystem Racing make me one for it. Anyway I dove it about 20 feet and lost steering. It just quit??? I still had throttle and brakes and the kill switch did not automatically shut her down. Maybe the steering servos died. I don't think they would both fail at the same time and neither one locked up. Maybe it's a receiver issue. It still has the FS receiver in it. I have a Futaba receiver waiting for her, but I was too excited to get it running. LOL

Now I gotta get into the electronics just to break it in. LOL

I did run a half a tank through her on the stand just for fun.

Here are some pics of my day.

-

Cleaned all the crud off the chassis first.

D3B23DA3-4DDF-49E5-BB2B-64FA7224AE01-104-00000240E7A353B5_zps55bdba11.jpg

G

For the record the TR starter fits with out cutting the MT chassis if it is installed while the engine is out. The engine would then have to be removed to take it back off for maintaince. So I still recomend trimming the chassis to make things easier.

-

You can see in this pic it does not touch the chassis but it's close.

7D88FA62-CE78-4B4F-B65B-180BD553A295-104-00000240D940545A_zps386e5506.jpg

-

I trimmed my chassis for ease of future removal.

CA0CB8BF-41B1-469A-97BF-6623A4687C79-104-00000240D4CE1132_zps7f5119fa.jpg

G

A few more pics of the 36 installed. I threw the MT tires back on for fun. I don't know if I'll keep them on as I just re-added 10lbs to this pig.

-

C07850A2-F0CE-490E-A553-F84ABE7ACC42-104-00000240D0CDD71B_zps2b5ce9e4.jpg

EEE9ABDA-3183-4A8B-92D6-29653737D794-104-00000240CC921BAB_zps96265735.jpg

7AFE089D-7E5E-4B25-B5DE-A3823AFE1667-104-00000240C37BC45E_zps0961eb7a.jpg

Trip..

Nice looking rig man and I really like to see the big MT tires on it.

If you're trying to pull rpm, the Jetpro rear mount will pull much better in the upper rpms. The center dump is more of a mid range pipe. If nothing else call Dino, he's familiar with that motor and he said he'd build a pipe if there were a demand for it.

RampageHopUps

Dino isn't familiar with this motor. Break it in for at least 3 tanks and then give me a call. Eric can make that Jetpro an endbleed to make it much better. You should get around 15,000 rpm with a regular pipe, and Eric can get more with the right pipe.

G

Nice looking rig man and I really like to see the big MT tires on it. If you're trying to pull rpm, the Jetpro rear mount will pull much better in the upper rpms. The center dump is more of a mid range pipe. If nothing else call Dino, he's familiar with that motor and he said he'd build a pipe if there were a demand for it.
Thx man.

The 36 is not a rev'r to begin with. I don't really care if it revs high, I just want to see it in the correct power band. It is geared tall with the MT tires on. I want to take advantage of as much torque as possible. Flowsystem racing is here locally and they did the porting so they would be my first choice for a pipe for it. That Jetpro that's on there now is awesome for the 30.5cc it woke it up!

G

RampageHopUps said:
Dino isn't familiar with this motor. Break it in for at least 3 tanks and then give me a call. Eric can make that Jetpro an endbleed to make it much better. You should get around 15,000 rpm with a regular pipe, and Eric can get more with the right pipe.
Sounds like a plan!

Trip..

RampageHopUps said:
Dino isn't familiar with this motor.
From what I was told, Eric was calling Dino for porting tips because he couldn't get the thing to pull any R's.

RampageHopUps

I know they have been talking. But Eric knows I won't allow Dino to use someone elses tooling to make a new pipe. So I'm not sure what they would be talking about, unless it was in passing when Eric was talking about delivery for his Flowsystem pipes.

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
Hell Yeah!!!! It would be awesome to have a tug-of-war between a couple of these... Im just trying to figure out what parts will give out first. Clutch? Tires? Dogbones? Almost makes it worth trying just to find that out... ha ha ha
Dogbone pins or diff cup!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.