• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2 tanks of xt and motor seized

Rs4 tony

High speed needle is 1 an a half from closed and the low speed needle is 2 and a half from closed

RampageHopUps

Can't run like that. One turn is 360 degrees, not a turn of the slot.

Do you mean 3/4 and 1 1/4 ??

Rs4 tony

Not a full 360 degrees. I did one slot. Problem solved. It was the coil for the pullstart. A member by the name rcgasser helped me threw this. Remove the pullstart and turned the motor the opposite way and it clicked and now turns over the normal way. I believe he said a spacer was knocke out from the recoil pack? Still investigating the spacer but it turns over like normal now

Rs4 tony

Hey. I don't see any spacer inside that could of locked the motor up

rcgasser

Ok is it loose? can you move it with your hand? Looks as if the spacers washer are there. Can you put a credit card between the coil and the flywheel>

Rs4 tony

rcgasser said:
Ok is it loose? can you move it with your hand? Looks as if the spacers washer are there. Can you put a credit card between the coil and the flywheel>
Both tight

Rs4 tony

rcgasser said:
what about the spacing? Can you get a credit card through the fly wheel and the ignition coil?
Yes..........

rcgasser

WOW ok now I am back lost so after you gotten it to turn have you checked to see if anything is broke or fell off have you tried to crank the motor again.

Rs4 tony

Nothing fell out. No signs of scrapes or any thing of that nature. I put it back together. About to start her up now

Rs4 tony

Well it starts and all that shit so I guess it just got caught up with the pull start. Weird. But thanks for all your input

Rs4 tony

rcgasser said:
Great glad it working now whatever it was I just could not believe that it had locked up.
Thanks a lot for the quick answers and tips. Really appreciate it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts