• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Your opinion needed

Ol' fart

From you XB-E owners who have purchased my motor mount deal.

How are the gears holding up? any problems? What is the biggest motor you have run with them?

I could go to steel gears but they are soooo expensive. I'm thinking if it an't broke ,don't fix it.

XBENOOB

The gears are holding up great.... Don't need to go to metal.

I am running a leopard 5692 1340kv with the 8mm shaft.

48 Tooth spur with a 10 Tooth pinion.

Running 6s with the hobbywing 150amp ESC

Temps on motor and ESC are well within spec.

I have run a dozen or so sets of batteries through it some runs a WOT.... Spur gear looks like new...

I have added weight to my XB-E

Aluminum lower arms front and rear

MT shocks front and rear

Lights - 4 aluminum light pods mounted on a custom mount

I guess that I added 5 or 6 pounds extra to it. That adds extra stress to the gears and like I said, they are holding up great.

Now if I only had an aluminum diff cover to mount the shock towers to. Hmmm where can I find that..... lol

Ol' fart

Thanks for the feed back. Ya Ya I know Where's the diff? It is so close to being ready but I have a job to do 1st. It will be worth the weight.

XBENOOB

Ol said:
Thanks for the feed back. Ya Ya I know Where's the diff? It is so close to being ready but I have a job to do 1st. It will be worth the weight.
You're welcome.... Hey .... That's a catchy phrase... Kinda like the Wendy's ad "Where's the beef?"

Maybe you could make that a t-shirt... lol

"Where's the Diff?"

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Vision

Got the aluminum pinion today. Currently the XBE has been clocked at 60mph with a radar gun, but I expect it to hit 70mph now. Will let you know how the pinion holds up at those speeds =).

Knuckles

plastic spur

Hey guys I think I may be the reason for this thread, I have the xbe converted to monster truck, running 8s, with 8 inch super wide tires. the plastic gear works fine on loose dirt but when on hard packed where it can get traction it tears up the plastic gear. Take a look at my xbe in the project threads. Sorry guys if I am the reason for the hold up on the diff cases.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts