• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT with IMEX J-7 wheels/tires

Michaels12

Recat pit stop

Just click the link below RCDads post.

That's what I'm running, and I think that's probably the most cost effective.

crazyfast

Greggfromohio said:
11 oz is only .6875 pounds. That is lightweight!
HA! Ya I may have misread the scale... and had a few to drink last night. And yes i just rechecked. 1 lb 11oz lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greggfromohio

It says they come with adaptors to run with other large scale trucks. But weather or not the adapters would work with the mt I don't know...

crazyfast

They are made to run with 24mm hex adapters.

And just to be clear, the weight is 1lb 11oz. I tried to clarify that earlier, but using the 'talk to type' feature on my phone isn't the greatest.

Michaels12

Well then the MT tires would be lighter if the quoted weight of 1.5 pounds was correct and I assume it is....

crazyfast

I can't imagine the MT wheel weighing lighter than 1lb 11oz.

Factory XT wheel is 1lb 1/2oz

a knobby 5T wheel 1lb 7oz

all terrain 5B rear wheel is 1lb 1oz

Michaels12

We'll I stand corrected, and I'm curious about performance with the imex tires.

The Redcat MT tires are fairly tough.... I wonder how the imex compair in that respect.

crazyfast

I can only compare to the XT tires. I noticed as I made passes up and down the road with the XT tires, they seemed to wobble a bit (out of balance??) only at high speed. I did get a chance to a couple passes with these before my steering servo broke, and they seemed just as smooth as the 5T wheels/tires I've been running. But won't be able to give a good review probably for a good month or so.

G

Yep. The MT is a beast!

crazyfast

Sorry windchill is going to be -15 (Fahrenheit) for the next week or so lol. But tomorrow I can take a pic of it next to my moms bone stock XT

Sergio

crazyfast said:
Sorry windchill is going to be -15 (Fahrenheit) for the next week or so lol. But tomorrow I can take a pic of it next to my moms bone stock XT
-15 that's the way to shoot video man lol

crazyfast

Never actually realized how much ground clearance I gained until I set it next to my moms XT..... WOW!! (definitely need to lower body on hers)

016.jpg

016.jpg

/monthly_2014_01/016.jpg.01894f9e29fcfde54774c81ab2146644.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.