• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

xt wheel bearings

454chad

hello i just inspected my xt after two tanks of running it easy to break it in and noticed the wheel bearing are already toasted so i ordered the 7075rc hubs and bearings will these hold up longer than two tanks lol thank you

erdoganog

How do you tell they are toasted? by sound or visual or by movement?

454chad

erdoganog said:
How do you tell they are toasted? by sound or visual or by movement?
you can tell by looking at them and your wheels will seem loose when you wiggle them:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Justin5425

Bad Bearings

I also had to replace bearings... I used my hard earned money on a hobby that I love only to be disappointed... Three tankfuls of break-in time, bad bearings and the drivetrain locking up was what I was rewarded with on the second day of ownership...

I have many other RC cars and this has never happened to me.. DAY TWO BEARINGS FAILURE... I think they would have a big following if they would improve the parts that fail just by reading the posts on sites like these.. I should of done more research but I made a mistake.. My next 1/5 will not be a Redcat... My oldest RC is a 26 year old Tamiya that has only needed batteries and a servo...

xxSwagxx

I just received me set and I thought they were suppose to hold larger bearings, I tried fitting some bearings off my Baja wheels since my Baja is taken apart right now or are they not they same size?

G

That is a larger bearing, the factory size is 19x10x5mm.

Sorry for the repeat awnser. I didn't see the next page. LOL

Last edited:

xxSwagxx

sorry guys have another question are there only 3 different sizes in bearing for the XSC?

so far i found

22x10x7

16x7x5

19x10x5 which i will replace with the bigger 10x22x6

is this really all the bearings it has?

DemonRC

So where are the 16x8x5's at? Sorry it's Friday and my brain quits on me sometime around lunch on Thursday.

thomas

well someone correct me if im wrong but the stock bearing is 10x19x5 and the 7075rc is 10x22x6 (inner diameter x outer diameter x thickness) so if my understanding is correct it is a bigger bearing then stock

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts