• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT Tire Foam Replacement

1995camaro383s

Hey guys i will be trying out some different bearings for the wheels and other components these bearings will be ZZ metal sealed and greased bearings i believe they have the numbers in the wrong order 19x10x5 on the parts sheet if you search ebay for 10x19x5 bearings you can find 10 bearings for $16 and the demension diagram shows the correct demensions but i will post back with results thanks all

Dreggsta

1995camaro383s said:
I sold the 95 camaro a while back i now have a 88 iroc with a 385 stroker which is currently down with a bad lifter so i decided to wait till this spring to put new aluminum heads a different cam and lifters different intake manifold electric water pump and a few other things
that sounds sweet. could you post a pic of the iroc? i always loved those maros since i was a kid. my uncle had a bad to the bone one he'd take me for lil rides in. & it was in my fav color, blue.

Shvelle

That looks like a great alternate solution.

I'm curious, have you soaked that foam in water to see how much it holds (if any)?

I ask this because, before I tried the fiberfill, I tried a 3" thick black rubbery foam that was originally sold as a camping mat - it held a lot of weight when it got wet.

1995camaro383s

The thing to remember is this is microcell closed cell foam which is water proof it is used for kayak seats and other applications closed cell foams are usually waterproof STAY AWAY FROM OPEN CELL FOAMS which are made to allow liquids to flow through i dipped the foam in a bucket of water held it down then let it set it just floated the water just beads on the outside the foam is very light i took the XT outside and set it on the deck rail and reved it wide open and the wheels are well balanced i really liked the way it ran with the new foam

Last edited by a moderator:

1995camaro383s

Got the bearings today they look great and fit perfect they are 6800 ZZ metal sealed and greased bearings can be found on ebay by searching 10x19x5 bearings or going to www.usabearingsandbelts.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts