• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XSC...lets talk shocks

Nurchburgler

I am reading that the baja shocks work? fronts in rear or something like that...can anybody advise me where i can find beefier shocks.

i would like to use the innovative shocks fronts all round...is this possible?

or nutech shocks...still havent found those yet.

thanks fellas

G

Any shock for the Baja you would want 4 fronts. They will be a bit long for the front but will still work.

Did you check out nutech USA?

What side of the pond are you on?

Nurchburgler

RCDAD said:
Any shock for the Baja you would want 4 fronts. They will be a bit long for the front but will still work.Did you check out nutech USA?

What side of the pond are you on?
I am in California...looked at the nutech...much better price point for sure. The truck is pretty light so the innovative Rc shocks may be over kill since the there isn't much of a selection for springs.

I had them on my 5t and had the hardest time tuning them to handle in racing conditions..way to bouncy.

Just seems like the stock redcat shocks have something to be desired...saw beastlys build and the nutechs looked nice for sure.

Deluge

Baja shocks, you want to run front shocks at all four corners. I want to try the I-RC shocks on my MT. The 8mm shock shaft is just nuts. The Nutech's look nice, as well. You can work with the stock shocks, too. The Baja front springs will work on them. You'd run front springs on all four shocks. So you have a few spring options.

G

Not bad. I was actually wondering how the nutechs would work on the 5ive. Stock is never good enough. I read that the 5ive owners are seeking improvements.

The Xseries are almost half the weight, so those shocks should hold up well. Not cheap though.

G

I plugged in an order for a set of four and it charged me $18 ???

G

That was for 2 day shipping if I change it to ground it was only $7

Nurchburgler

Lmfao...I inserted my zip and it came up with that price...found out after going further and creating an account...that was next day shipping..

They really need to fix that...it is a real turn off..I almost walked..instead I bought a set of tbII threaded shocks.

G

Yeah, sometimes ya just gotta play around with the site.

Glad ya got it figured out.

Deluge

RCDAD said:
Not bad. I was actually wondering how the nutechs would work on the 5ive. Stock is never good enough. I read that the 5ive owners are seeking improvements.The Xseries are almost half the weight, so those shocks should hold up well. Not cheap though.
You get what you pay for.

Deluge

Nurchburgler said:
Lmfao...I inserted my zip and it came up with that price...found out after going further and creating an account...that was next day shipping..They really need to fix that...it is a real turn off..I almost walked..instead I bought a set of tbII threaded shocks.
Ahahaha! Nice.

Nurchburgler

I had a set and they are beastly...I had em on a Baja...honestly they were tough to tune for racing...but would have been perfect for bashing jumping

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts