• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

xbe on 8s Geared 15/44-wicked

bigfol

I hooked up 8s with a castle XL esc yesterday,all I can say is wow,so much power, running a leopard 1090kv motor,geared 15/44 this thing flies and the temps and amp draw are sweet, max amps was 155 and the motor never got hotter than 48 degrees C. I'll post a vid when I get a chance. Man I love this Buggy:) :) :)

A mate of mine has just brought a mgm that can handle 15s and he's putting it in his xbe,he's going to start with 10s and work his way up,I reckon it will blow the tyres off the rims,should be fun to watch...... :eek:

DemonRC

bigfol said:
A mate of mine has just brought a mgm that can handle 15s and he's putting it in his xbe,he's going to start with 10s and work his way up,I reckon it will blow the tyres off the rims,should be fun to watch...... :eek:
What's the MGM ESC? Gotta link?

Vision

Based on the rc speed calculator you should be hitting well over 60mph with your setup!. I'm surprised your tires are still holding!.

What rpm is the motor spinning ?

bigfol

Vision said:
Based on the rc speed calculator you should be hitting well over 60mph with your setup!. I'm surprised your tires are still holding!.What rpm is the motor spinning ?
I reckon its doing well over 60mph,haven't had the gps on yet though,Yeah you and me both, I'm surprised the tyres haven't blown off , they do balloon like crazy when pulling full throttle,bloody good set of tyres I must say..... ;)

I'll download the data from the esc later post up the spec's, I know its not pulling more that 160amps which is the max for this motor,which I happy about. Just need the wife and kids to get back to school/work so I can get on with it...... :cool:

bigfol

Knuckles said:
Does it pull the front tires off the ground when you gun it?
No it doesn't, it does un-load to the front wheels more than the rear wheels, which could only be rectified with a centre diff which is a bit of a bummer. it does turn all the tyres into disc looking tyres though,some belted tyres would help.

bigfol

XDEEDUBBX said:
video now!!
Well I got all set up for a video yesterday and just after adjusting the bec voltage up from 5.5 to 6 volts, my esc took a dive, it now just sit there ticking...... I'm really bummed about it, It had only 6 pack's through it, I spoke to castle today they are giving it there highest priority and sending me a new one as I type, pretty good service I thought,condsidering I only posted it back to the US yesterday. Fingers crossed it gets here soon. :(

twissted

Banned
Save your money!

their is A esc that is made by fightercat that is just under 300.00 that will do everything that you want. he's in Florida. Heres a picture. it's not small but easly fits above the rear drivline.

01.jpg Now about beefing things up see 7075rc about the rest. I always wondered about the new Losi 5ive-t parts and how they might fit the Redcat chassis. Any thoughts?

bigfol

Well I go t my 3rd XL2 back and I have made my own cap bank, same style as castles only I used 4 of the same size caps that come on the xl2, I have also swapped the motor out for a 1000kv turnigy 8mm shaft motor, all has been going well so far, temps are way down and so is the ripple current and amp draw. I think the leopard motor was the issue, it could only handle 150amps max, the turnigy can handle 350amps. One thing I did have to tweek was the windings/magnet became unglued from the motor housing,mixed up some really strong marine epoxy glue and glued it back in place, hasn't been a problem since, as for the 5t parts, don't know if any will fit, maybe the shocks.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts