• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB with XT wheels question??

Ryneito

Just received some XT wheels last night from 92vert (thanks again) and was wondering what size is the axle where the nut goes on? I noticed I have to drill the center of the XT wheel to make it clear on my XB? Also I know I've read on here over a dozen times about the gearing for the tire size change. What's the best combo for snappy get up and decent top end with the XT tires? It will be for dirt so it doesn't need to be crazy fast up top..also I am running the 8000rpm spring if that matters.

cordy

Thier are two axle sizes 6mm and 10 mm.The only differance is the diameter of the axle and the size of the nut. Swap your a and b gear for a little more top end. Hope this helps.

Deluge

Redcat changed the axle thread size. Used to be 6mm, now they're 10mm. Stock gearing should be 29/31, which is fine for the XT tires. If you want more top end, you could switch them so it's 31/29. You have the 8k clutch, so it'll still have some punch. Try it and see how you like it.

G

Ryneito said:
Just received some XT wheels last night from 92vert (thanks again) and was wondering what size is the axle where the nut goes on? I noticed I have to drill the center of the XT wheel to make it clear on my XB? Also I know I've read on here over a dozen times about the gearing for the tire size change. What's the best combo for snappy get up and decent top end with the XT tires? It will be for dirt so it doesn't need to be crazy fast up top..also I am running the 8000rpm spring if that matters.
Just a side note...

There are several posts lately on getting more top speed. It's more than just gearing needed for any real improvement in top speed. You need more hp if you want to be faster. You can get a little more top speed with gearing changes, but what you gain on the top will cost you on the bottom. The factory engines are not race ported. That means they have a low hp rating and not high reving. The easiest way to go faster is just plant a full mod long rod engine in her. The gearing setup they come with is the best all around ratio for their stock tire size.

G

With the MT or XT tires it will pull a 29-31 with a 8k clutch spring and a good pipe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts