• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Shocks

Bulldogger

Just bought an XB with options form RC pit stop. They only thing I didn't order was a set of MT shocks. So my question is are the stock shocks up to the task or do they need to be changed out. Buggy will be used for local bashing at the sand pit. Jumps won't be much higher then 4foot off the ground. Thanks

G

For the most part they are fine. You should run a heavier shock fluid. At least 40 wt. Swap them out if you damage them. People run the MT shocks because rebuild parts are available and you don't have to replace the whole shock. Also the MT shocks are similar to the Baja shocks and some parts are interchangeable.

Bulldogger

Okay sounds good. I have an MT that has been very durable, just want to make sure the wife's XB holds its own:D

BertR

Don't worry about the stock shocks! Like RCDAD mentioned use 40-45wt and bash on... It will be night and day difference by changing the oils. I have beat the snot out of my X-series with no shock failures with 45wt.

Silent_chaos

are there any aftermarket Shock absorbers for the X series?

I was thinking of this one: http://www.davesmotors.com/tt511b

on another note, someone needs to make a sticky on all the aftermarket parts that each company offers that fit the Rampage (along with related links) and make different sections for Performance upgrades, Drive-train, gears, shocks, adaptors, tires, mounts, etc...

travmess

Nutech thunderbolt 2 shocks fit thd x series. Fyi its cheaper to buy all the parts and assemble them urself i paid like $75 for my full set with threaded shock bodies

Silent_chaos

travmess said:
Nutech thunderbolt 2 shocks fit thd x series. Fyi its cheaper to buy all the parts and assemble them urself i paid like $75 for my full set with threaded shock bodies
link for the shocks?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts