• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB racer

billybob

G'day guys just picked my xb in sydney I must say I am impressed with it.My questions are I will be racing this at our track but from reading posts here I would like some advice from people that have one.My aim is to pull it completely apart and then rebuild it.

So what hop ups should I add as I go?

Exhausts what is the stock pipe like,I need low to mid range power or do I get the new jetpro?

Bearings after reading of them failing should I just replace them all with some better quality ones as I go.

Will any of the alloy hop ups from the tt fit the xb as I have my old tt sittng around gathering dust?

Thanks guys.

k.jensen

I'll just leave my 2 cents here.

First off, the stock pipe is like a sodacan, it will break when it gets hot. Mine exploded, I bought the new jetpro sidemountet pipe.

Also I would replace the airfilter, the stock filter isn't sufficient.

Next I haven't had a single problem with the bearings.

When it comes to the hopups, then I myself have started to hear alot of problems with these and wouldnt order any yet myself.

Regards

DustyR3825

Banned
I agree. The only upgrades that I have done to my XB is installed a JetPro Side Pipe, A inclined shreadstack from DDM, HPI Baja Air filter and also a HPI 8000 RPM Clutch Spring. Now it is a screamer! The only bearings I have had a problem with are the wheel bearings. I replaced them with Sealed Bearings and haven't had a issue again. Hope this helps.....I have purchased the above through advice from other people on this forum.

DemonRC

I've had my factory (HSP) version for almost a year now. The parts that started to fail on me are the wheel bearings. 7075RC has some upgraded knuckles for the front and rear that use larger 22mm bearings. They are highly recommended. The bearings last much longer. The front knuckles also will get rid of the threaded bushings used in the stock setup which are a major PITA to remove. Other than that I had to move to Baja wheels and tires because the stock foams disintegrated.

Obeast44

Banned
DemonRC said:
I've had my factory (HSP) version for almost a year now. The parts that started to fail on me are the wheel bearings. 7075RC has some upgraded knuckles for the front and rear that use larger 22mm bearings. They are highly recommended. The bearings last much longer. The front knuckles also will get rid of the threaded bushings used in the stock setup which are a major PITA to remove. Other than that I had to move to Baja wheels and tires because the stock foams disintegrated.
^^^^ +1 He speaks the truth!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts