• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Question!

ohdeeuhm

Hey guys, I've been lurking for a while. I'm a member on most of the well known 1/5 scale forums and I've wanted the XB since it came out. Well, the other day my friend bought one and we took it to the track and broke it in. Well the t/b servo died and he was upset lol. I tried explaining the all-to-often delicate nature of large scale but he wasn't having it. Two days later he decides he doesn't like it and I end up getting it for next to nothing.

Anyhow, I have a question about this particular XB. The buggy is definitely the XB but I'm wondering why it came with this body? The manual says "REDCAT RACING" but I've never seen a Redcat XB with this particular body.

7161507366_1fb85933cf_b.jpg

What can you guys tell me? Did I get a Redcat clone? LOL..

G

That is just an older body. It came in your blue and a red version. You can still buy those bodies. That is an XB!

alfred e numan

Ohdeeuhm? If you have no use for the servo, I will buy it off you for a small amount of $. P.M. me.

cordy

congrats on your windfall. Those were the first pro production bodys befor they were imported,and redcat chose the current blue and green bodys you are familliar with.

ohdeeuhm

RCDAD said:
That is just an older body. It came in your blue and a red version. You can still buy those bodies. That is an XB!
cordy said:
congrats on your windfall. Those were the first pro production bodys befor they were imported,and redcat chose the current blue and green bodys you are familliar with.
Awesome, thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure I didn't get an XB clone LOL.

alfred e numan said:
Ohdeeuhm? If you have no use for the servo, I will buy it off you for a small amount of $. P.M. me.
I don't have it anymore man, I chunked it. I usually save all of my dead servos to use the good gears out of them but I threw that one away.

ohdeeuhm

Well, I started geeking out and doing massive amounts of research last year so I just went back and compiled a list of the more "necessary" purchases for the XB. I know this is n00bish, but tell me if this list looks good and what else I need to add to it.

1st line of upgrades:

kill switch

hpi sfl-30mg steering servo (or Savox SV-0235MG)

baja (or elcon) air filter + outerwears

Baja wheel adapters

front Bowties x2

7075 front and rear bearing carriers

ddm 5000mAh pack (or a LiFe pack?)

spares galore!

Later on down the road:

DPR 29.5 Wild Child + pipe

Grafil body

belt drive + alum gear plate

alum top plate

7075 diff housing (F&R)

ohdeeuhm

cordy said:
Looks good,rear bowties.Maybe a hs-645 throttle/brake servo.
So rear bow ties all the way around? For some reason I was under the assumption that everyone was using front bow ties all the way around.

As for the t/b servo, that's exactly what is in it lol.

G

I run fronts all the way around. Seems to steer tighter. The fronts are lighter and with 4WD traction is no problem.

They do look mean as hell with rears all around. :)

ohdeeuhm

Would you mind posting a picture of your buggy Cordy? If it's going to be a pain in the butt then don't worry about it lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts