• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB or 5B ?

MNRampage

I just purchased the rampage mt and now looikng very hard at the xb.

the only downfall is i'll have to sell my 5b to cover the xb ?

pros and cons on this decision please ?

G

Do you not like the 5b? I would never sell one to buy another. Unless you don't like it.

Deluge

I love my 5T, I'd never sell it. Tons of aftermarket support. Just save up for the XB.

krebidoux

yes keep the 5b. if you have as much luck with the xb as i have, you'll need a good back up to play with. i've had my xb for just over a year and still haven't been able to get a full tank through it with out something happening to it.

MNRampage

krebidoux said:
yes keep the 5b. if you have as much luck with the xb as i have, you'll need a good back up to play with. i've had my xb for just over a year and still haven't been able to get a full tank through it with out something happening to it.
is the xb that bad of a buggy ?

Obeast44

Banned
krebidoux said:
MNRampage said:
is the xb that bad of a buggy ?
For the record. Ive had HPIs bajas, clone bajas,a Nutech, a Losi 5ive and several Redcats. If you name it I have worked on it. I think Bbuzzard can vouch for me on that one. :D

No the XB is not that bad of a buggy at all. ESPECIALLY for the price. Sure the electronics/motor aren't Zenoah/Futaba/Hitec. But honestly could you expect that kind of quality for $520? For the price, its unbeatable. So much so I sold my Losi and am acquiring parts for a complete XB build.

Deluge said:
Well, there's a reason why 7075RC started making parts for them. And I'm sure it wasn't because he had nothing better to do.
Precisely, Ol'Farts stuff is awesome and he is constantly striving to improve this platform. These cars are placing in National level events all over the world and opening many people eyes to that fact that MCD ($$$) isn't always the answer.

rcgasser

Obeast44 said:
For the record. Ive had HPIs bajas, clone bajas,a Nutech, a Losi 5ive and several Redcats. If you name it I have worked on it. I think Bbuzzard can vouch for me on that one. :D No the XB is not that bad of a buggy at all. ESPECIALLY for the price. Sure the electronics/motor aren't Zenoah/Futaba/Hitec. But honestly could you expect that kind of quality for $520? For the price, its unbeatable. So much so I sold my Losi and am acquiring parts for a complete XB build.

Precisely, Ol'Farts stuff is awesome and he is constantly striving to improve this platform. These cars are placing in National level events all over the world and opening many people eyes to that fact that MCD ($$$) isn't always the answer.
+1 I have different platforms as well and the XB is great for the price I have had mine a year and I love the XB!!!!

krebidoux

don't get me wrong, i love my xb. when i get it out i have a blast with it till something happens.lol if it ain't bearings it's something simple a lot of the time. between work and working on the house this year i haven't had much time to play let alone upgrade with 7075 parts, but i will when i get a chance then i'll be able to run a full tank through it i hope.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts