• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB-E Rear Drive Shaft

Intense

Does any one know if a heavy duty Center, Rear drive shaft exists for the XB-E. I have been looking, with no luck.

I am slowly twisting the shaft. I has already twisted about 360 deg over the course of about 15 runs.

If it were just twisting, it would not be that big a deal, but it also starts bowing and I have to pull it out about every 5 runs or so to straighten it back out.

bigfol

You should pull the whole drive train down and check all your bearings,there are 14 bearings in total in the XBE, the shaft should not be twisting, either the rear diff is binding or 1 or more wheel/diff shaft bearings have got to be siezing up, I never heard of a rear centre shaft twisting.......I couldn't twist that shaft in my vice without snapping it, you may have a faulty shaft if all the bearings/diff gears are o.k

Intense

I had the center diff out the other day, and everything in the rear spins easily by hand. I can feel any binding. So I don't think it is a bearing.

Also, this is the second shaft I have twisted. Bought a second one to try and figure out a way to beef it up, but never got around to it. So if this is a materials issue, then I have been bit yet again by Redcat's inconsistent parts. The rear shafts are not that expensive. I may buy a third and see if it is any better than the first two.

Thanks for the input.

landmissle

I bent a front one before I added a top front brace. Shafts are mild steel. The shafts in my losi XXL are much tougher for their size!

bigfol

Intense said:
I had the center diff out the other day, and everything in the rear spins easily by hand. I can feel any binding. So I don't think it is a bearing. Also, this is the second shaft I have twisted. Bought a second one to try and figure out a way to beef it up, but never got around to it. So if this is a materials issue, then I have been bit yet again by Redcat's inconsistent parts. The rear shafts are not that expensive. I may buy a third and see if it is any better than the first two.

Thanks for the input.
You may try looking at other brands for a similar size shaft that may fit or you could have your own made........:http://shop.alza-racing.com/index.php

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts