• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB-E Pajero Tow Rig Conversion

XBENOOB

I built a 1/5 scale car hauler

(still needs the tail lights and finished tongue)

Now I am in the process of tearing down my XB-E so I can convert it to the Pajero. I purchased the Carson FG Pajero under tray and three piece body. The FG is a 1/6 scale, but it's so close to the 1/5 scale, that I can make it fit.

I stripped down the XB-E to the bare chassis and tried to fit the ABS under tray to it. It needed to be trimmed and re-drilled to fit.

I had to cut the back so much, that I had to add a piece of aluminum to keep the sides together. I painted the aluminum to blend in.

The front shocks had to have the reservoirs turned inward to clear the tray.

Last edited by a moderator:

XBENOOB

Body mounted and trimmed

Hmmm... Work table is a little crowded.... Time for a new workstation...

That's better...

Last edited by a moderator:

XBENOOB

Even the drill press was getting cluttered...

More to come. Working on the trailer hitch for the back of the Pajero.. Figured out how to mount the tail lights on the chassis. Need to paint the body.. You know... A few minor details left to be done...

Like putting the motor back in would be a good start. Going to tear apart the diffs to see how they are holding up. 7075RC's motor mount and gears held up perfectly. I have run several dozens of packs through it (heavy trigger finger) and it and the gears are in like new condition. Great job Ol'Fart.

I might have to accidentally on purpose crack the plastic diff housings (for wife demonstrations only) and order the new aluminum one's from you.

Just kidding... She knows that I was going to order them anyway...

I might want to order a new chassis from you with an extended rear diff mounting plate so I can attach the trailer hitch to something solid.

I will post more as the project progresses...

G

That is too cool.

Like the new work bench also.

XBENOOB

RCDAD said:
That is too cool. Like the new work bench also.
Thank's RCDAD... I like the look of that rally project as well.. But I purchased the Pajero before the Rally was designed. I think the Pajero would look better pulling the trailer anyway.

I might have to get another XB-E just to make the Rally. That would also look good on the trailer...

Hmmmm.... I think I just found next years project.... (Wife just did a palm to her face and said "Oh Crap").... lol

G

Hmmmm.... I think I just found next years project.... (Wife just did a palm to her face and said "Oh Crap").... lol
I see that all the time....

Guantanamo Joe

That trailer is effen sweet... I wish I had the tools to fabricate cool stuff... but then again- with the speed and locations I drive the trucks, Im not sure it would be a good idea for me to be able to make such nice things... ha ha ha

XBENOOB

Guantanamo Joe said:
That trailer is effen sweet... I wish I had the tools to fabricate cool stuff... but then again- with the speed and locations I drive the trucks, Im not sure it would be a good idea for me to be able to make such nice things... ha ha ha
That's another reason for building the trailer.... It helps bring home all the pieces.... lol

G

Very nice. Your build is coming along great. That Touareg body is very cool.

XBENOOB

Thanks... It's fun solving problems that you create yourself... lol

Next up,

1. Paint the body (have to wait for the rain to stop)
  2. Wire up the trailer lights
  3. Add the tail lights back on the chassis
  4. Rebuild the Diffs
  5. Put back in the motor (after cleaning and checking the gears)
  6. Build a front box for the trailer to hold the transmitter
  7. and what ever else I forgot to mention.....
:D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts