• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

xb clutch

Hayes371

Hey guys, last week i overheated the clutch on my xb, wich in turn caused my gearplate to break around the bearing on the b/c shaft, i got an aluminum mt/dr plate and bearings from rcdad, got those installed without a hitch, went out this evening and ran the car and everything feels tight and smooth but at idle there is a slight metallic almost screeching sound and as the revs increase so does the sound for the first two feet then the nooise goes away and is fine, its not doing anything weird other than this noise, any ideas what this could be? did i smoke my clutch? it runs and drives great otherwise, no slipping or anything, or is the aluminum plate somehow amplifying noise that the plastic xb plate hides, i'm just trying to make sure im not getting ready to screw something else up...

Hayes371

It sits and purrs like a kitten at idle, and intermittenly makes the metallic sound as you roll on the throttle it will make the noise for a couple of feet till the revs come up, don't get me wrong its not super loud, its just not as quiet as i remember it, at first i thought maybe i had the clutch bell pushed in to far when i locked down the gear squares, but i rechecked and everything is as it should be, i guess i will just drive it and see what happens lol. When i overheated the clutch i probably drove it a whole tank with the brakes a tad too tight, it was handling so well into and out of the corners that i didnt notice the slight drag from the brakes...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts